cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

TODAY IS MY 4 YEAR ANNIVERSARY.

froguelady
0 29 32

The last four years have been an amazing journey to Freedom from nicotine. There are so many at EX site I owe more than I can ever repay. I love all of you very much.

We have choices when we decide to quit smoking. If you coose to look at quitting as a deprivation, you believe you are giving up a possession or enjoyment that you think you want to keep. This is not the attitude of a winning quitter. By choosing to look at quitting as a temporary sacriface of something you have and are exchanging for life that will become better each day. Do not look back at what you think you are giving up but look forward to the Freedom that awaits.  Embrace each day with a attitude of a quitter.

Betty 3?16/11

29 Comments
MarilynH

Congratulations Betty, 4 wonderful years of smoke free living WTG. Marilyn sooooooo very happy for you. I really hope that you pamper yourself because you deserve it.

Marilyn  

Storm.3.1.14

HAPPY 4-YEAR ANNIVERSARY, BETTY!!!!

Thank you for believing so much in what you know to be true that you want to stay and help everyone else here believe it for themselves, too.

Thank you for being fun and generous with me. I appreciate you so very much!

Jennifer-Quit

Wow - I cannot even imagine 4 years smoke free - You are truly an inspiration to me!

John10forteen

That is so GRAND! Wonderful messege too. Thanks Betty.

moody_9-18-13

Wonderful! Congratulations, Betty!

freeneasy

Congratulations! 4years! That's a great example for all of us here who came after you.

JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations Betty! Great Quit.

Okra martinis all around! (I'm having water thank you. 🙂

Giulia

BETTY!!!!   Happy Happy Anniversary.  (Like the poem!) 

djmurray

Congratulations, Betty!  Four Wonderful Years of Freedom.  I am coming up behind you!  Isn't this freedom grand?

linda258

Congrats! 

Chuck-2-20-2011

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Just had my four year quit anniverssary myself. Hope you enjoy the freedom of the day as much as I did. Thanks for posting! These special days are good for all!!!

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

YoungAtHeart

WOW

Thanks for all you do for us here on the site, too.  You are truly a treasure!

Nancy

bonnie-12-28-14

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Strudel

Betty - Happy FOUR YEAR anniversary! How wonderful! I remember when you came here....you have remained positive throughout! That is how this is done! Congrats! I can't wait to meet you in Nashville! 

Great blog Betty! 

nanawendy

Betty, Congratulations on 4 years and thank you for leading the way for so many coming behind you

keep calm and carry on

Wendy

12/31/12

swilson2

living the good life, congrats!!

Thomas3.20.2010

It's a Wonderful feeling!

You did this, Betty!!!!!

Never Ever Forget!

ninepatch
Congrats on your beautiful 4 Years of sweet freedom.
Minx

What a fabulous, inspiring achievement!  Thank you for sharing and congratulations!!!

Sootie

BIG CONGRATULATIONS BETTY!!!!!!

Hope you celebrated!

bonniebee

Congratulations !!!!! 4 years  of Freedom and you have very good advice to give us newbies Donna !!! Thank you soooooooo much for being here . You are so right about the attitude of gratitude for a new clean smoke- free life ! it is making a huge difference in my quit this time ! A friend of mine on fb  ( he has 7 mo in as a non- smoker ) said he has done it with clean living , prayer and self denial I noticed the self- denial it didn't seem quite right I think  it should be self- respect ! If you feel deprivation all the time one is bound to give in to it  That is what has happened to me in the past !

summer-07-06-15

Congratulations on 4 years.

Tempting Success Graphic

Nyima_1.6.13

Huge congrats on four years and thanks so much for being such a big support to me on my journey!

Barbara145

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on 4 Years!  That is amazing!  I will always remember your kindness to me on this journey.  Enjoy!

annb
Absolutely fabulous! Thanks for staying here for us newbies! Congrats. So happy for you!
Junior7

Congrats on four years!

Rick_M

Good going 4 years no smoke. There are choices and you made the right one. Cheers for you....

ShawnP

Mike.n.Atlanta

CONGRATULATIONS BETTY!

Keep on keepin on my friend!

M n @

About the Author
Gone but Not Forgotten. RIP - they leave a legacy of their quit journeys behind as road maps for future members, to prevent the pitfalls, provide the tools and show the hope and possibilities for success at overcoming this addiction at any age at any stage. Mother, grandmother and great grandmother My name is Betty and I was born and raised in Kentucky where tobacco was a way of life. I started smoking full time by age 14. The first time I can remember smoking I was 9. I have been on the road to quitting for several years. I quit once for 6 weeks and then thought I would smoke just one. It only took a few weeks till I was smoking full time again. That is why remembering NOT ONE PUFF EVER is so important. It will never be just one puff or just one cigarette. Nicotine addiction doesn't work like that, it is an addiction, feed it and you become addicted. Here are a couple of links to reading materials that I recommend to ALL who would like to quit smoking: What to Expect in the First Four Months (by Jonescarp aka Dale): http://community.becomeanex.org/pg/blog/read/3713880/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months The "Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr.