cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!!

mustangsally3
0 6 1

I am happy to report in this blog that I am really starting to not only see the results of not smoking but I can feel the health improvements already and I have to say that it feels so dang wonderful to go out in the freezing cold wind and not reach for my inhalers or steroids when I walk in the door anymore!!! When I sigh it is so fully and completely it doesn't hurt anymore either, it is so amazing to have my husband drape his arm over my back as we drift off to sleep, and I no longer feel like I am being suffocated by him and I don't need to move his arm just to breathe a little easier.(I missed spooning with him!)
I am not waking in the middle of the night anymore reaching for an inhaler or my steroids either and when I go to sleep I tend to stay asleep (unless I stop breathing because of my sleep apnea.) 
I found my electronic cigarette that I am convinced that I "accidently on purpose" misplaced and thought to myself wonderful, how it got there, then I put it up out of reach of the baby and walked away from it and am still not using it or any replacements like the past almost two weeks now. I am listening to people all around me getting sick and they continue to smoke and complain about not getting any better I have not gotten sick once (knock on wood) and am staying smokefree, and to be honest I feel that is a huge factor in me staying well despite the weather and the season.
I honestly feel like I am really on the mend and only going to get better and better and I can't wait for the day that my lungs are as clean as they are going to get and I am reflecting back on my first year of getting and staying quit and the friendships I have made here and know in my heart, mind, body, and soul that when it is my time to go (an old lady) that I was my own success story and it wasn't because I couldn't , wouldn't, or simply refused to give up the cigarettes but simply because I was old.

They WILL NOT beat me, because each and every day I AM beating them!!! Thank you for believing in me as I learn to believe in myself and sit and smile at staying smokefree yet another day! I will get my Mustang, oh that reminds me I am changing my name to...well go see for youselves.

XOXOX 

6 Comments