cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

THIS HAS BEEN A TUFF 11 DAYS

kaycl1769
0 6 79

I haven't wrote in a while, but I had to get in my head that I did not need cigarettes. As simple it is to write but it is another to do. I use to look at people with drinking and drug habits, and think to myself, that they could stop !! Now I know I was completely wrong!! I haven't had I cigarette since May 31 at 9:50 pm!! Since the first day of June it has been a tug of war with my body and mind. But, I refuse to let myself down, so many times I think of was to beg my members to go get them for me, cause I'm not healthy enough to drive. But I didn't so far. The one thing good is my families supports me, don't like it when I'm edgy with them, I know they understand. With out them I could not have made it through the last 11 days. There are bad very bad days, But, some good ones as well. I believe in time I will make it. I keep thinking of all the things I'm going to miss, if I let smoking make my health any worse. All I can say to people who trying to quit, have a strong support group. My family has been the best through all this, and believe me I drove them crazy the first couple of days and then yesterday was like nothing I experienced, the body and head aching so much, nothing helped but time. Today is better than the one before. What I'm saying is it gets better each day so don't give up.       Kay

6 Comments
wishingstar

Your emotions are out wack, and you body is healing form all the damage you done. 

In about 2 and half to 3 weeks , you will feel so much better.  It is so worth it. I wish I could show you,, but for now you will just have to take my word for it.  Keep up the good work

Renee 1 month and 2 days

JonesCarpeDiem

life is wacky for the first 15-22 days.

you do however , have control.

JonesCarpeDiem

the surprises can come after this first month.

we will prepare you for them

YoungAtHeart

I hope you have spent some time educating yourself on what nicotine does to your body and mind.   I am going to re-post an old blog with early withdrawal symptoms which I think you might find useful.  Be sure to look for it in a few minutes!

Keep your eye on the prize.  Freedom from this addiction is SO worth it!

Stay strong and stay committed!

Nancy

Quit 7/4/12

kaycl1769

Thanks for all the comments to my post and for listening to me, an for giving advice. Thanks for your encouragement.    Kay

Julia_Amy

Well, I think you've done great!  11 days!  At the end of the second week you will feel better I bet.  You need to be proud of yourself...keep coming here everyday!