cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

THINGS I DON'T MISS ABOUT SMOKING

LouiseR
0 13 190

I don't miss having to leave a restaurant and go outside to smoke(usually in the rain or cold)

I don't miss making sure I have enough smokes just in case I am somewhere and run out.

I don't miss going on a trip in the car and having to ask the driver every hour or so to pull over so I could get my fix.

I don't miss staying in a hotel and trying to figure where I can go in the morning to grab my coffee and sit and smoke(usually on the side of the hotel or sitting on a curb somewhere)

I don't miss smoking controllling my life, my every move, my every waking moment.

I don't miss the nasty breath, the stinky cloths.

I don't miss waking up in the mornng with the feeling I had a weight on my chest.

I don't miss not being able to walk very far because I was so out of breath.

I love the FREEDOM I have now being smoke free!

13 Comments
Junior7

Awesome! 

JonesCarpeDiem

Freedom is knowing you have it. Congratulations

andreakay

This is totally what I needed to read on my count-down to freedom!! Thank you SOOO much!!

856beverly

Inspiring post, Louise!  It is so true.  Cigarettes controlled me, too.  I am very new to quitting but I hear ya.  Thanks for posting this! --Beverly

newlife5

i dont miss making sure i dont use all my money up so i can afford a pack...if i need gas and i have $20 then i put $20 dollars not $15...haha the little things make me smile

cookie804

amen

YoungAtHeart

I hope you don't mind if we add?  This is a GREAT idea for a blog! 

I don't miss the smoker's cough at the end of every good laugh!

I don't miss getting on an elevator full of colleages, knowing I smelled like an ashtray!

Nancy

Storm.3.1.14

Yes, yes...the traveling thing! No more chain-smoking outside the airport because there's no smoking lounge inside. Standing there, polluting the entrance, puffing away until the last second, and hoping that you make it through security in time to get on the plane.

Arriving at the destination and chain-smoking your brains out before you get the rental car, which costs $100 in fines if you smoke inside of it.

And having to keep going outside the motel lobby every time you want to smoke.

Exhausting! 

Jenn_06-03-14

Love this post!  I don't miss any of these things either!  We are going out of town this Saturday just for the night and when I was booking the hotel online, I remember seeing a box that you can check if you want a smoking room.  Near the box it has said, "Not guarenteed a smoking room".  I was SO happy that I don't have to worry about that anymore!  Yipppeee!  I am Freeeeee!

lindan_7-14-10

Great blog, Louise! YAAAAAY US♥:):):):):):):):):):)

annb
Wonderful blog! I don't miss being "embarrassed" when someone gets in my car and I'm afraid it smells of smoke (of course it did!) along with giving hugs worrying that I smell of it! Hah!
elvan

Wonderful, Louise...btw Louise is my middle name, was my mother's middle name, my cousin's middle name, and my grandmother's FIRST name.  I sort of "dropped" it and started using my maiden name as my middle name.  I LOVE YOUR REASONS!

MarilynH

I don't miss coughing my brains out because laughing and trying to have fun turned into losing my breath from  a laugh. Good bye cigarettes hello laughter.