cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

THE NEWEST TRIVIA GAME FOR 02.08.2022 HAS BEEN POSTED AND I'VE ARRIVED AT FIVE-MONTHS CIGARETTE-FREE

SuzyQ411
4 11 151

For those of you who may care to play the newest game of Trivia, I am writing this post to let you know that the newest game has been posted and can be readily accessed by clicking here:  TRIVIA-GAME-FOR-02-08-2022 .

As usual, I will take this opportunity to journal about my current smoking status. As of February 7th,  I reached my FIVE MONTH ANNIVERSARY of being fully cigarette-free and am looking  ahead to my next milestone of being off cigarettes for half a year.

I will be honest that this past week has been touch and go at times. The sudden and unexpected death of my friend's son,  and my being a spectator to the pure agony his Mom has suffered, has brought on times of intense craving for me, especially since smoking was a stress-relieving response for me for over 60 years. 

BUT I have chosen to NOT hop back on that train of active addiction and -- by the grace of God-- have remained cigarette - free. And, as each new day passes, I watch my friend becoming  just a little bit stronger and more determined to not let this tragedy take her down.

Although I haven't been posting on the site very much, I have been hovering, and I am being blessed and strengthened by your stories. Thank you for helping carry me during this difficult period.

11 Comments
About the Author
Prior to my first quitting on 8/25/2019, I was a heavy smoker for over 60 years. That time, I quit due to health concerns regarding clogged arteries to my brain. Tar deposits from cigarettes were making the situation worse. I had become a prime candidate for a stroke and required surgery to clean out my left carotid artery. I have relapsed 4X since that quit, the last one being on 05.15.2022. ( At one point in all of this madness, I had been quit for 1.5 years). Then on 9/7/2021 I began my recent eight month quit before my current relapse. I am in the process of planning a return to the non-smoking life. After more than 2 weeks of smoking, wheezing and coughing and being short of breath, I have set my new quit date of June 1, 2022 as the beginning of my forever quit. I am done with this madness!! God is good.