cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

THE NEWEST EDITION OF TRIVIA WAS JUST POSTED AND SUZY IS 24 DAYS AWAY FROM THE TRIPLE DIGIT CLUB!!

SuzyQ411
1 15 134

At the suggestion of a co-member I am posting on the regular site that the new TRIVIA GAME has been posted, as a reminder to those who want to play.

I am also taking this weekly opportunity to give an update on the progress of my quit.

I have reached my 76th totally smoke-free day and am now just 24 days away from being eligible for the TRIPLE DIGIT CLUB : HOORAY!

I am still on Step Two of nicotine patches, have a totally revised quit plan to include specific actions to take when stressed, worried or angry and have nicotine gum on hand for use when needed. I have also changed my daily routine to include a set of activities to keep my mind and hands busy and to fight off the triggers which have led to my past relapses. Included is the daily burning of a prayer candle which significantly increases my sense of well-being.

I am playing a number of online games: search a word, Words With Friends on Facebook, and I am also doing picture puzzles, to name a few. One place I have found that offers a variety of games is the AARP site (yes, I am an eligible member, lol.) There are also many other sites to include https://www.mindgames.com/Word+Games.  If interested in other sites, just google a search and you can find many neat options.

To make sure I am not glued to the computer while my place turns into a mess, I am also making sure to undertake housekeeping jobs: right now I am cleaning up my room fans of scds of cat hair and am storing them for the winter.

I also belong to a weekly neighborhood game club: Dominoes and Scat are what we are presntly playing and i also play the Phase Ten card games with my landlady / aka my friend a few times a week.

These are all simple tasks that are a part of a much larger scheme to keep me away from cigarettes and are making the goal so much easier. 

As an aside, a recent bunch of tests have shown that my medical issues are all under control: all because I am not smoking.

To all of the non-smoking/ non-vaping/ non-chewing folks on the Ex; I hope your quits are also going well.

~ Suzy

15 Comments
About the Author
Prior to my first quitting on 8/25/2019, I was a heavy smoker for over 60 years. That time, I quit due to health concerns regarding clogged arteries to my brain. Tar deposits from cigarettes were making the situation worse. I had become a prime candidate for a stroke and required surgery to clean out my left carotid artery. I have relapsed 4X since that quit, the last one being on 05.15.2022. ( At one point in all of this madness, I had been quit for 1.5 years). Then on 9/7/2021 I began my recent eight month quit before my current relapse. I am in the process of planning a return to the non-smoking life. After more than 2 weeks of smoking, wheezing and coughing and being short of breath, I have set my new quit date of June 1, 2022 as the beginning of my forever quit. I am done with this madness!! God is good.