cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

THANK YOU (and etc.)

Storm.3.1.14
1 17 42
  Thanks, again, to everyone who cheered me on as I crossed through the doors of The Quad Squad. To have loyal Mentors and supportive Elders and March 2014 Classmates and Newcomers all show up for a party…well, what an extra special day it was, for sure!

Two related tidbits to share now…

1. A few of you may remember that I treat myself to a unique “quit trophy” for each of my most major milestones. These are "tabletop décor” items (“  objet de art“, if you will), and I have 3 of them so far  : Quit Day, Year One, and Year Two. Embedded below is the picture of my newest Thousand Days “trophy”…

The moment I saw this silvery swirl sculpture, I knew it was perfect  : It’s a stylized comma! It’s now taken its place beside the others, and is right next to the empty spot already reserved for the soon-to-be-earned Year Three.

2. I am extraordinarily (some would say inordinately) proud of my Quit Clock and Comma. Now that I have been seeing them displayed together, I confess that something about the zeros in front of each new number makes me feel as if I’m trudging up a new staircase, for the sole purpose of getting to the next thousand days…

1,00  0
  1,00  1
  1,00  2
  1,00  3
  1,00  4
  1,00  5

That's not the mindset I want to carry to Year Three, and throughout 2017. Soooo, for the first time in my quit, I’m ready to stop counting. <gasp!> I know, I know…I cannot believe I just typed out those words! But, it’s time. My Quit Clock will   always be just a click away, running dutifully in the background, faithfully stacking up my truths, one after another  ; I’m just going to deactivate the pop-up reminder that greets me every morning. I’m ready now to give   all the gravity to my anniversaries on March 1st, and to just let the other 364 days of recovery orbit freely, without a numerical label. (Sootie knows what I’m feeling. And, Conductors, I‘d be perfectly happy now with just   one train ride a year.)

Huh…just when you think your quit has no more room to explore, it pulls an unexpected surprise. Ha!

Stay true out there, my fellow villagers, and keep living forward!

STORM

17 Comments
MePlus3
Congratulations! Sorry I missed the celebration. What a wonderful blog and trophy!
JACKIE1-25-15

Sounds like a great plan. Congrats on the comma.

Legend

I love your quit trophy.

Congratulations again on 1,000 days Yay!!! 

RachelMB

Thank you for being such an inpiration!  Congrats again on 1,000 days!

elvan

I am really happy for you and will look forward to an epic blog on March 1st.

Hugs,

Ellen

Thomas3.20.2010

WTG! Keep Rockin' your Quit -

and N.E.F.!

We can decide to forfeit our Freedom at any time!

joedice711

wow amazing storm,, its people like you and so many of the others i get my moto jo from...keep up the good work...

Michwoman

Sorry I missed your big day! CONGRATULATIONS STORM!

Strudel

Love the comma sculpture! 

MarilynH

Yay you ! 🙂

bonniebee

What are your other quit trophies Storm ? I love the comma I never got anything special for my one year i wanted to but never did it Now I am on my way to year 2 !

I am 659 days today I am definitrly not quitting the counting any time soon ! 🙂

I had to change my  user name to conform to the new up coming site so I kept it as close as i could There were quite a few Bonnie B's so I am now BonnieBee ! ( just so you recognize me storm ! )

Maybe I should call myself forevergratefultoEX !!!!

shashort

Hey Storm again congratulations on that beautiful 1,000 day quit. How awesome is that.  Wow that is a great idea to get something for your milestones. Wow love the comma trophey you posted is beautiful.YAY!! Way to go!!

SkyGirl

Congratulations, Storm!

constanceclum

Congratulations on 1,000 days and I love the comma. I too would like to know the other milestone gifts.

Connie

LouiseR

Way to go on 1,000 days smoke free my friend!

ShawnP

I love it! I have never seen anything like it before. UNIQUE! Congrats again on 1,000. Ps. After 1,000, the train rides are every year and every 500, sooooo you might be having 2 celebrations lol.

Mrs.Rum

I'm so sorry I missed your quad squad day!  Congratulations and well-earned!!