Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Surf the Wave

diamond01
0 12 144

12 Comments
diamond01

Today is high anxiety, I just feel like I could blow, just want something, not even a cig. maybe just to be normal, or is there a normal? Just need HELP.

YoungAtHeart

Hang in there!  Slow, deep breaths!  Some jumping jacks?  Go for a walk?  March in place?  Call a friend?  Play a computer game?  You need to NOT sit and wallow in the crave - get busy. 

What you are feeling is perfectly normal.  This is a process - and the only way out is through.  We ALL went through what you are going through and made it.  You can, too.  It does get easier - and in not that long a time!

Do you even remember what it was like not to be a smoker?  Most of us can't!  But - let me tell you, it's worth all the effort it takes to get there - I promise.

Get busy!!!

Nancy

Giulia

Surf the wave.  You said it yourself.  We are out of our "norm" when we first quit smoking.  We have to develop our new normal.  All those times we used to smoke, we have to figure out what to do instead.  Sometimes the things we try, don't work very well.  So it's important to keep figuring it out until we do.  That's part of the necessary homework here.  Some things DO work well.  And those are the things that go in our Quit Kits.  

/blogs/aztec-blog/2012/12/30/100-things-to-do-besides-smoke?sr=search&searchId=a5dac818-1e3d-4165-a5...

Horsenose.jpg

diamond01

well it is 4.00 and I am feeling better, the day has just drug out so I took a long nap, I will make it, just breath.

elvan

Nancy gave you great advice, oh and taking a nap helped me more than once.  The more time you get behind you smoke free, the less intimidating this whole process will become.  You are taking your power back and you will learn amazing things about yourself.  It WILL get better.

TerrieQuit

breatheAware_gif-01_buyalex_zpsyzpsgywq[1].gif

Breathe, Diamond, Breathe!

Thats_it

I slept as much as I could in the first couple of days. Then tried to sleep some more. It will get easier, I promise.

SuzyQ411

I just saw your post today (4/19. which is 13 days after you wrote it! Am hoping you are feeling more "together" by now? I went to your home page and I'll be honest- I got confused~ It looks like you quit smoking quite awhile ago??? Are you perhaps back following a relapse?? Whatever is going on, YoungAtHeart‌ and Giulia‌ gave you some fantastic .deep breathing.gif tips. As for the deep breathing, this image always helps me. Breathe in and out as the picture shows; I know it calms me~ hopefully it will help you!

Giulia

Suzy, it's always a good idea to check out not only the date of a response written last, but the date of the original post also.  You can also see if a member is active by going to their page (click on their avatar) and checking their last "logged in date."  In Diamond's case, it looks as if she logged into today.  Also looks like she just regained her quit.  Which is great!  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/diamond01/blog/2020/04/19/hello-i-am-back   It IS confusing.  For instance I just changed the horse nose picture I  had up there from the photobucket version to one from my own computer and it suddenly registers my response as of today.  Which is not true.  My original response (except for the change in picture source) was back in 2017.  I just edited the picture and it's now showing my response as of today.  THAT's a problem to my mind and equals confusion.

SuzyQ411

Yes, I am finding that out Giulia‌...thanks for the heads up!

diamond01

Hi, yes I had a relapse, my quite day was March 13 of last month. 

SuzyQ411

I had a relapse too. In fact, joined the EX  in late while December getting ready for my current non-smoking "campaign" which I refer to as MY LAST QUIT. My quit day was Jan 6th (of this year) so we are both about the same time intoour quits.Hang in there; we can do this~ Suzy hang on.jpg

About the Author
I have 3 daughters, and 4 grandkids, all boys. I love the water in the summer spend most of my time at the beach, or ocean, spend a lot of time with my boys, love crafting, decorating,hanging with my girls, and just loving life.