cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Super Bowl ? How About Super EXs

Larry576
0 3 3

This Sunday a huge part of the country will be focused on the 49th Super Bowl where a 30 second advertising spot sells for $4.5 million. Damn! that's almost equal to what we've all collectively spent on cigarettes. But there is a huge difference ... people will watch the ads, some will be remembered for a little while but most will be forgotten by the time the game is over.

Our collective millions has led us here. We haven't forgotten why we're here. We are EXs! And yes, there are Super EXs. Our Super EXs are the people who make this site what is it. They are the ones who offer encouragement. Who know what we are going through becoming an EX. They've been there and done that. And they pass that knowledge along to us who are struggling to stay an EX. 

Super Bowl?  This site will have a greater impact than any ball game. As for the MVP, each person here is an MVP. And I am so very greatful for every one. 

Comments I've received on a few past Blogs have thanked me for brightening someone's day. One person actually used the word "gifted" regarding the writing. I once asked my Mom if I was a gifted child... she said they certainly wouldn't have paid for me.

Which leads me to share a few things with you other than football. 

The other day I saw a woman wearing a sweat shirt with "Guess" on it. So I said "Implants?" She hit me.

You should know how long a minute is depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.

Did you know Sea World has a seafood restaurant?? When I was there and halfway through my fish sandwich and I realized, Oh my God.... I could be eating a slow learner."

The last time I was grocery shopping there was a lady picking through the frozen turkeys but couldn't find one big enough for her family. She looked at me and commented:  "I wonder if turkeys get any bigger?"

I couldn't help but tell her:  "No ma'am, they're dead."

Enjoy the weekend when it gets here and its Super being in the counted as an EX!

3 Comments