cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Sunday

lboggs
0 10 29

Busy day on Saturday.  Need to do more reading.  Trying to find some good recipes to keep diminishing any cravings. Feel more energetic, which is different but I like it.  Wheezing and coughing almost gone, working on getting the rest of congestion out.  Just feeling better all areound.  Hope you all have a good day!

10 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

Here's one for you:

Cook three chicken breasts, let cool and tear into bite sized pieces

Cokk enough broccoli fork TENDER to line the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish

Combine one can cream of chicken (condensed) and one can of cream of mushroom soup (condensed) with 2 tablespoons of curry. (Don't omit the curry That's what melds the flavors)

Line baking dish with cooked broccoli, spread chicken pieces evenly, pour soups and curry mixture evenly over the top.

Put as much or as little grated cheddar cheese as you desire over the top and bake 30 minutes at 350. (The chicken and broccoli are already cooked)

Tastes even better the second day.

SimplySheri

So glad you are feeling better!!  Sounds like you love to cook, which is not my forte.  But you will find what you need here, I'm sure!!  Happy Sunday!

JonesCarpeDiem

you could steam or boil the broccoli and the chicken together to precook them if you want to save washing one pan.

lboggs

awesome chicken recipe!!   Thanks

JonesCarpeDiem

Here's another

Black Beans

Drain 4 15oz cans of black beans (or 2 28oz cans)

Peel a large onion and cut into quarters

seed 3 large jalapenos

Put 1/8 cup of your favorite oil into a 12 inch frying pan add the beans, onion and jalapenos and cook over medium heat mashing with a potato masher every 10 minutes.

You want to see about 10% whole beans and the rest creamy beans when you are done.

Serve with corn tortillas (microwaved in baggie for 30 seconds) and grated cheese.

JonesCarpeDiem

PS Black beans do not give you gas

YoungAtHeart

I can vouch for the refried bean recipe!

Congratulations on adding another day!

Nancy

lboggs

These recipes sound really good.....thank you

JonesCarpeDiem

you're welcome they are simple and good.

shashort

Glad to hear your feeling better.  Hmm those recipes sound good.  Hope you have a good Sunday.