Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Sunday was 5 months

Angelsyaya
2 6 149

Hello all you beautiful people,

I haven't been on a in a while but my quit is precious and I'm still smober.   For those of you who have followed my journey thus far.   I've met virtually with the Dr for my Zephyr Valve procedure.   More tests this week and then on June 6.   If they all come back good, surgery would most likely be mid-June.    Man it will be a miracle to breathe so much better.    

I was reading through some of the journals and I feel like alot of people are missing,  who were here when I started this journey or have lost their quits.   That breaks my heart for them, but also makes me struggle a bit when I read that.    This is why I don't come on here often, that kind of triggers me.   I know its life, but my quit is way too precious to me so I can't let those thoughts into my head.

Stay the course all you beautiful exers, it's so worth it.

Stacy

152 DAYS OF FREEDOM

6 Comments
About the Author
i Started smoking when I was 12. My parents were young and divorced. I would stay with my Dad in California for a month every summer. He caught me smoking and instead of punishment, he bought me a carton of cigarettes and said, if you're going to smoke, you're going to do it in front of me. He then proceeded to call my Mom and tell her. Needless to say, not to be outdone by Dad, I arrived home to a carton of cigarettes waiting for me in the car. Fast forward all of these years later and they are the two that harp on me the most about quitting. IRONIC don'tcha think. LOL 59, this is probably my 20th quit, but this one has to stick. Stage 4 COPD, 30% lung function and 229% air trappings. Been smoking since I was 12. Doctor said, QUIT NOW, or you'll be dead in 10 years. BIG MOTIVATOR. DO NOT FORGET THIS.