cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Success through vaping

neptuneideas
1 7 94

I'm going 0 nicotine by quit day then just 0 nicotine eliquid from there as necessary and when later if I just only cloud vape and quit off the 0 nicotine eliquid if necessary by vaping after quit day which is the plan I will post back the awesome achievement to the community.

i think vape mods are going to be the best solution for many people they don't make eliquid like they did several years ago.

7 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

"they don't make eliquid like they did several years ago"

Does it still cause popcorn lung?

Do they still explode in people's faces and in their pockets?

Are you ever able to stop blowing clouds that make you look like a hazard?

CAN YOU EVER UNLEARN THE HAND TO MOUTH AND INHALE MOTION CONNECTED TO EVERYTHING YOU DID AS A SMOKER?

That part is 90% of unlearning smoking.

JonesCarpeDiem

Good Luck!

bonniebee

Hi I don't want you discouraged in your choice of quitting but do be careful . It is not well accepted or advised on this site because of the reasons JonesCarpeDiem mentioned above .I can tell you from my own personal experience that it did have  place in my quit plan . I did it very carefully I only allowed myself a puff or 2 at a time and well spaced apart . I was a 52 year long smoker of often a pack or more per day ( in my younger years when smoking was cheaper i sometimes smokes 3 packs a day !!! ) I had tried to quit numerous times and failed as many times . 

This time I used many tools and as old blue eyes said "I did it my way ! " I used the patch 1 week BEFORE I quit completly and I cut way back to about 4 cigarettes a day. Then On my quit the cigarettes day I used the patch , lozenges and the occasional puff on the e-cigarette and I mean occasional for emergency craves only . I used the patch for approximately 11 or 12 weeks and when I got to the last week of the 7 mg patch  I made sure to decrease and end the use of all nicotine products  so that I was completely nicotine free when I finished the last patch .

Therefore I  think for you it is worth a try but have a plan in place I used straws cut into 3 pieces to help with the hand to mouth habit so I did not rely heavily on the e-cig 

I would like to add the biggest help to my quit was God ,The Ex- Community and the Patch . Stick around here and you will get lots of support !sayings welcome we are glad you are here.jpg

bacardigirl

Please take into consideration the messages you will read today in response to your blog.They are only out of concern for you.

Nicotine is only part of the addiction. The entire motion of smoking, hand to mouth, inhaling..these habits are a HUGE part of the addiction that need to be broken. For me, it was the biggest part of quitting. Before I quit smoking, I was also use the e-cigs in places I couldn't light up. I had to quit all the bad habits at once. It was the only way for me to be successful.

I hope and pray you will be successful and we get to see your successes along the way.  Please keep us informed on how you are doing. We ALL have your back and want to see you succeed! Congrats on your decision to quit smoking.

Giulia

Hello and Welcome.  Looking forward to hearing about your "awesome achievement."  Not quite sure why you're here.  Sounds like you need no assistance with quitting but know everything there is to know.  How can we help you?   In case you want to do some further research, you might check out dr_hays‌ blog https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/expert-advice/blog/2015/05/15/faqs-about-electronic-cig... .   Believe me, we're all on your team here and want the best possible quit results for you.  The more you know, the better  armed you are against this addiction and the potential addiction to vaping also.  When's your quit date?

elvan

Please let us know how you are doing and do know that we have not heard good things about vaping and as bacardigirl said, anything that is said here is out of concern.  We want you to be successful.

Welcome aboard.

Ellen

Stopforgood

"Not quite sure why you're here.  Sounds like you need no assistance with quitting but know everything there is to know. How can we help you?"  

Just my opinion, I know you are a well-seasoned Elder, but sometimes these type remarks are very discouraging to new folks who are doing their best to Quit, and looking, trying to be part of this positive support community.  Not very welcoming and actually sounds more condescending.  I think we can educate, and discourage vaping, without belittling one's efforts or choice in quitting.  Just my humble opinion.