cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Stuck the needle in my arm ( again)

summer-07-06-15
0 21 64

Out this morning with my daughter shopping and for some reason couldn't handle the stress. Tried everything to calm myself down. ( Maybe not everything) I hate everything about myself. This going in circles is driving me crazy. I know everything to do. So I just need to go away. I not helpping others on this site. With being a serial quitter. Its in my hands now. So SAD. Cried, screamed, No there were no smokers around. excuse the grammar. This is a great site having around is not helping anyone else.

21 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

Smoking causes the stress that makes you need another.

Are you going to break the cycle or keep telling yourself you can't do it?

Barbara145

Are you kidding?  Of course your blogs help others, always, even if it is a slip.  Are you using NRT's?  Stay here and try again.  Try something new if what you are doing isn't working.  You can do this.

JonesCarpeDiem

don't you leave. we can't help you if you leave and you need some help.

summer-07-06-15

I won't leave. Thanks

sparky26

I'm glad you're still here , you know we all care about you.

bonniebee

You need NRT's if you are not using them ! Are you ? At least try them rather than returning  to smoking .I used the patch , the lozenge and an e-cigarette in the first weeks do what you have to do to not pick up a real cigarette ! I am now smoke and nicotine free ! You can do it Summer .

bonniebee

PS... Maybe take a short break before you quit again to gain some knowledge and advice and your serenity back. You sound worn out right now why don't you reset a quit date and wait for it to come while waiting you can blog ,read ,watch quit smoking videos etc.get your strength back first .

djmurray

We want you to stay, and you will find your way.  

omidasayesh

I feel like you too. But we can't stop trying to quit. We just have to quit.  Life feels boring and feels like something missing. I quit almost a year once cold turkey I still don't know how I did that. One day I decide to quit and I said don't matter what I am not smoking. Year latter my friend was using vapor E cig I try  that's how everything  got messed up. But I didn't give up. I try and try and I know I am now going  to quit for life. You should try again don't give up. 

omidasayesh

I feel like you too. But we can't stop trying to quit. We just have to quit.  Life feels boring and feels like something missing. I quit almost a year once cold turkey I still don't know how I did that. One day I decide to quit and I said don't matter what I am not smoking. Year latter my friend was using vapor E cig I try  that's how everything  got messed up. But I didn't give up. I try and try and I know I am now going  to quit for life. You should try again don't give up. 

omidasayesh

Giulia

You have to be willing to make sacrifices if you want to beat this. And one of those sacrifices is your comfort. You are going to be uncomfortable for a while.  FACT. 

Tried everything to calm myself down. ( Maybe not everything)  Well, you have to try EVERYTHING.  And if everything doesn't work, then you become creative and try something else.  Sucking on a lemon is an idea somebody came up with.  You work at this until you succeed. IF that's what you want - success- - freedom.  The champions in life never gave up.  There are lots of champions on here.  You can be one too.  Or you can quit trying.  The choice is yours.

hwc

If you want to minimize the pain and suffering, it's a lot easier to just quit and get it over with. By quitting and smoking and quitting and smoking and quitting and smoking, you are maxmizing the suffering. Instead of the relapse providing relief, it's actually INCREASING your misery.

elvan

What you are doing, Summer, is showing what a strong addiction this is and you are torturing yourself, no one else.  

I really hope you can get it together and stick around because you cannot do this alone.

MarilynH

Stay with us, let us help you. Venting is a good stress reliever so hang with us because we all care about you  ((((((Big Hugs just for you))))))

Marilyn 

Storm.3.1.14
I'm going to say something different: If this electronic support group is unable to effectively help you, then please leave us so that you can find a live quit smoking program at a local hospital or clinic. Perhaps a local chapter of Nic-Anon. If you have none of these, though, in your area, then consider staying ONLY so you can finally GET IT RIGHT. Sooooo many folks here finally got it RIGHT; it could happen for you.
smorgy8513

Summer.....PLEASE QUIT!!!!

But, do it for you!!!

Sharon

ShawnP

This is a horrible addiction. You have to fight this addiction as if your life depends on it and it does. Don't let it get the best of you! You are CAPABLE of finally winning over this battle. Make it a priority to come here daily for x amount of time and read, read. Not just for a couple weeks or months, much longer. I am still here reading and i am at 3 yrs. Nic is going to battle you, learn to fight him and with the right weapons!

Ms.J_11-10-2013

Nic is playing head games with you, its time to come face to face with yourself  because it is YOU that you are fighting.  If you feel the need to leave then do so and check into other avenues like Storm suggested but DO NOT be afraid to come back here.  You will figure it out and when you do it is an amazing experience!

xo

Ms J 

Thomas3.20.2010

summer-07-06-15

Thanks everybody for showing how much you care.