cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Structure~It's All In Our Heads

JonesCarpeDiem
1 8 32

by organizing we give things structure but, the structure is in our minds.

do those plates know you are stacking them in the same way when you put them away at night?
does the grass know it's been mowed?
does a lighter miss cigarettes when they aren't together?

the structure is ours.

A cigarette is an inanimate object. we chose it in our lives and then it structured them.

We have to disassemble that part of our structure and make a new one.
It becomes easier to quit as we accept this.

Bee Happy!

8 Comments
TerrieQuit

Makes sence, Dale Thanks!

Terrie

YoungAtHeart

GREAT blog!  Profound way of thinking about it all.

Thanks!

Nancy

Giulia

Happy Bee here.

elvan

A good blog to ponder.

rainbow2

love this! thank you.

jonilou

A book, I tell you. You have quite a talent for turning a thing around and looking at it from many different angles. Light bulb moments come from posts like this one. Thank you Dale.

MarilynH

Excellent blog, thank you kind sir. 

bonniebee

Wow that picture is amazing !  Thanks Dale !

About the Author
Hello, My name is Dale. I was quit 18 months before joining this site and had participated on another site during that time. I learned a lot there and brought it with me. I joined this site the first week of August 2008. I didn't pressure myself to quit. HOW I QUIT I didn't count, I didn't deny myself to get started. When I considered quitting (at a friends request to influence his brother to quit), I simply told myself to wait a little longer. No denial, nothing painful. After 4 weeks I was down to 5 cigarettes from a pack a day. The strength came from proving to myself, I didn't need to smoke because I normally would have smoked. Simple yes? I bought the patch. I forgot to put one on on the 4th day. I needed it the next day but the following week I forgot two days in a row I put one in my wallet with a promise to myself that I would slap it on and wait an hour rather than smoke. It rode in my wallet my first year.There's nothing keeping any of you from doing this. It doesn't cost a dime. This is about unlearning something you've done for a long time. The nicotine isn't the hard part. Disconnecting from the psychological pull, the memories and connected emotions is. :-) Time is the healer.