cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Stressors

trudyd
0 19 84

Has anyone owned a home next to nasty people!The nastiness has gone on for years but now that I am retired it is really weighing on me...I love my place but not the neighborhood I have lived here 29 years but I am actually afraid of what these people are capable of.......my quit willl be 5 months July 2 and I do not need their bullying behaviors................any sugestions in coping..I have contacted real estate people as I feel my only option is selling I have tried to talk to them FORGET IT it just escalates things any suggestions are appreciated I am so discouraged and depressed I cry most of the time it's really sad to be mistreated for no reason and there is no way to stop it a few years ago I contacted an attorney and she said if people are the type to fight with their neighbors nothing will change that ............either ignore it or move.....great society we have huh!

19 Comments
phyllis-12-7-15

It really is a shame how the people have changed. Smoking won't help the situation so hang onto your quit, the one thing you do have control over. What a marvelous job you have done too, CONGRATULATIONS ON ALMOST 5 MONTHS.

HUGS

trudyd

Thanks Phyllis I appreciate the support..the nasty neighbors are big time smokers who throw their butts on my property so I tell myself look how disgusting they look cigs dangling out of their mouths especially the woman quite unbecoming and I DO NOT WANT to be anything like them!!!Hoping my disgust for them and their  behavior works in my favor lol

JonesCarpeDiem

do you know the exact cause of their problem with you?

trudyd

When they moved in  1990 every night the woman would say your tree is on our property etc etc finally I said I really do not want any problems so I will have the property surveyed and put up a split rail fence to delineate my property I did and the war for them was on.....they were disappointed with where the line was so paying to resolve the problem just escalated things ...they have damaged my property when I was working and denied doing it the list goes on and on and at 62 I just cannot deal with the problems and pettiness I try to maintain my place and keep to myself and still they continiue to be nasty they are nasty to alot of others but lucky them they do not live next door to them

trudyd

I am surmise that is the issue... you know some people are bullies who knows what makes them tick

trudyd

sorry should have not typed "am"

brenda-again

You got 5 months woo hoo

Bullies next door..........booooooooooo

Pops

Exactly!!!!!!!!!  Thank you Brenda.  What is important here is your 5 months.  The rest of this kaleiscope of issues are only deminishing the wonderful and courageous event of a nicotine addict going five (5) months...without a smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!  DO NOT let that get lost in all of this other stuff.  Keep that milestone paramount in your mindset, and the rest of this life can be handled, one crisis at a time.

Pops

GreenThumb3

Some people just have no life so like to cause problems better to ignore I personally would probably take the asult charge and beat them but that's probably not the best way to Handel it stay strong smoking will not help anything 

trudyd

Thanks guys appreciate the support!

moody_9-18-13

Kick their butts back into their yard. 🙂

Their cigarette butts...

You've been putting up with this since 1990? My goodness, you have a lot of patience!

Congrats on your 5 months! Keep moving forward!

trudyd

Thanks Moody I'm not patient but try to ignore the stupidity hopefully I can sell and move on!

lois2

i am sorry for your . i had my son living by me all he and the wife did drink and fight, cops came out a lot, son went to jail alot. than the deviorce and myson move away. peaceful now. you will fine a answer. congrats on 5 months.

trudyd

thanks Lois I pray things turn around so I can live peacefully....smoke free!!

elvan

Trudy, I am so sorry, that is horrible.  We used to live next door to a couple who argued all the time and swore at each other constantly, it did not help that they were both hearing impaired so they really were screaming.  We ended up moving but we were only renting at the time.  I cannot imagine how you can deal with this...it seems like there ought to be some sort of protection available but I have no idea what...you hear about crap like this on TV court shows but I doubt that any resolution ever lasts.

Wish THEY would move.  Maybe a whole tribe of EXer's could come and visit and guard the yard.  I suspect some of those in their early days might be rather convincing.  Wish I could help somehow.  

trudyd

wish they would fight with each other and leave me alone-the man is on the village board so his behavior to me is even more unacceptable for a public servant/elected official told him I was going to the board not sure that was a good idea but enough is enough..............may need bail $ lol

cookie804

First of all, congratulations on 5 months without a cigarette, that is so awesome. I am 66 years old and have lived in my house for 37 years and my heart goes out to you as I know you hate to start over at our age.  I have a neighbor similiar to what you are experiencing and he is a cop.  I try to stay to myself and push the ignore button wehn I am outside.  People who act like that are so miserable in their own life that they want to make everyone else miserable.  I would take all of their cigarette butts put on your property and place them in a bucket.  Then I would put the bucket on their property where they would see it easily.

Please don't let them make you start smoking again because then they will win!!!!!!!!

Keeping you in my prayers

Carolyn

trudyd

Thanks Carolyn for understanding and support it helps alot I am sorry you too are encountering this behavior it is sad especially when it is law enforcement who do it when they swear to protect and serve I think you are right they are miserable AND i BELIEVE JEALOUS and just want others to be as unhappy as they are........... truly a sorry bunch!Hang in there!

trudyd

well the neighbors are at me again putting house on the market next week they are stressing me out so much I am having chestpain...............troopers can't help in NY harassment has to involve hitting pushing or shoving.................no one should have to live like this!!