cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Still smoke free....

loveoflyfe43
0 7 29

17 days and counting...the last few days have been kinda hectic, I woke up about three mornings last week looking to smoke, then instantly remembering I don't smoke.  I'm staying away for the most part, but I find myself thinking more and more about smoking again, just taking that one puff...no one will know...but then I think about the shame...I will have to go deeper undercover, because I told everyone about my quit.   I'm most worried about disappointing myself, I am realizing some of the benefits of not smoking, I can breathe better, I smell better, my house smells better, no sneaking around to buy or smoke cigarettes.  The temptation is still there, no doubt, but I'm hanging in.  Everyone else hang in there!  Protect your quit today and forever!

7 Comments
jojo29

cograts on ur quit 17 dys is great, if ur thinkin more about it think opposit, make a list, good things from not smokig anymore/verse bad things smoking. ill tell u exercise, it works great, if its a hand to mouth thing, get a straw,cut it to the size of a SICKORETTE,And suck in air,haha hey it cant hurt u right and it worked for me for my 1st 3 months haha dont give up so easy, just think one puff and ur back to where u stared from and itll be just as hard for next quit if not harder, so u can do this be starong so u stay healthy ok. trust me smoking will suck the life right out of ya, i no, im stage 4 copd at 53 yrs old, so hang in there. joanne. smoke free 285 days 2-3 pksaday smoked 40 yrs.

loveoflyfe43

Congrats, to you Joanne!!!! Thanks for the tips and encouragement...I wish all good things for you!

laura132

17 days  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WhooooooooooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooooo Great job!!!!!! Please allow me to share a lil story with ya . I think this will help you.  I have a very high stress job and at times I do get totally overwhelmed at work and  thats when I decide(d) that I need a smoke... OK, now mind you I hadn't smoked for 2 wks..stressed out, smoked one, went back into my office and I asked myself..."Laura, did that help you handle the situation  any better? " I analyzed the entire thing right down and I learned!!! Stress does not cause smoking and smoking does absolutely NOTHING to help ya handle stress.NADA! I lost 2 wks on a good quit . I had a lesson to learn but learn I did! DONT SMOKE. Were all addicted to this damn nicotine and its not going to change. We  have to live with the fact that we CANNOT EVER HAVE ANOTHER CIGGARRETTE! NOT ONE PUFF EVER.  Smoking is an addictive behavior, nicotine is an addictive substance. NOT ONE PUFF EVER!

Im a quitter not a loser~

Laura

jojo29

NO PROBLEM , IF THERES ANYTHING U NEED GIVE A HOLLAR 🙂

Strudel
Congrats on 17 days! It WILL get better....it really will. Keep going.
maggie_8-1-2010

Wow! wAY TO GO! kEEP IT UP 🙂

aztec

You can do this, keep your list of things to do and your reasons for quitting close by, Get a picute of your family and vow not to make them cry becaseu of asmoking related disease.

Stay busy and come on here and keep sharing.

Keep getting educated, go to my page and take some time to follow some links, copy and paste them

Joles juke box is a great place to be, 60 pod cast on addiction 10-20 minutes long , if you listen to one a day that would keep you busy for 60 + days.

guard your quit

warm regards Aztec