cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Still here

msgardengirl320
1 6 35

Just a quick check-in. I feel GREAT about my quit & have gotten through my Mom's passing the best I can. I go to a grief counselor provided through Hospice & it has been helping. But NOTHING really makes this loss any easier. Especially since Jack & I are still in the house waiting for it to sell. Wish it wd hurry up. I think that's what brings on a lot of my pain. Still seeing her here. I miss her & my Dad so much. I need to begin the next chapter in my adult life, but I can't move on while I am still here.

Last thing on my mind is to even WANT  to smoke!

Love to you all. I will keep checking in with you & let you know how it's all going. I wish all you newbies success; stay with your quit as it is more than worth it! Your LIFE depends on it!

6 Comments
YoungAtHeart

I am so sorry about yur Mom, and being stuck in her house.  That must be tough.  I am very happy to hear, though, that you don't want to smoke over it.  Good for you!

My sympathy on your loss,

Nancy

elvan

I can only imagine what it is like to be in the house and seeing and probably FEELING her there.  I had a small box of things that belonged to my mother and I would take them out and smell them once in a while and I was stunned by what that fragrance did to me, it brought memories rushing in.  

I so hope that the grief counselor can help you through this, losing parents is incredibly difficult and we are NEVER really ready.

Love to you.

MarilynH

My sincere condolence for the loss of your Mom  (((((((((Big Hug))))))))))

I hope everything will get settled very soon for you with the sale of the house, I can't even imagine how difficult it must be for you. 

Marilyn 

jonilou

Grieving for the loss of our parents can be a long and complicated process. I lost both of mine last year within 6 months of each other. So glad to see that smoking is not even a consideration in your life. My deep condolences for your loss. No one knows what it feel like until they experience it.

summer-07-06-15

the pain never really leaves.  You gone and do the things help heal and have good memories.

Strudel

Michele - I hope the house sells soon. Please keep taking good care of yourself! 

About the Author
Recently retired from my own landscape business. Native Floridian, born in Sarasota FL. I do not act my age nor do I feel it. Smoking was a major part of my life until I found this site 4 years ago. Quit 4 years ago & I will never go back to it! My husband & I quit at the same time, not only for ourselves, but for our 2 grown sons & up & coming grandchildren. Neither of our sons ever smoked & we are so proud of them. Love being outdoors, boating, fishing, water skiing, hiking. Love college football & some pro football. Live for my family.