cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Still Too Easy

1040law
0 6 18

My quit date was Feb. 24th and I stoped taking the buproprian I used to help me quit June 4th. I still have no desire to return to smoking or a desire to start on the drug again.  Just not sure why it seems to be so easy for me. It does make me nervous that everyone who has quit else seems to feel differently.  I have a girlfiend who quit 30 years  ago and says if she was every told she was dying she would take smoking up again as that is how much she misses it.  I am afraid that one day I will just wake up and start again. But for now the smell still offends me and I will also say that I am very happy to have the monkey off my back. 

6 Comments
TerrieQuit

Hi! You have almost 9 months! right? Like only 10 days shy of it! It is good to hear from you! I quit on July 6th and the only thing I used was the buproprian. Well, I was already on it  and all they did was up the dose. I have been wondering how long people take it for stop smoking! It has been very doable for me. I am 100 days free today and very happy that I quit! Congratulations on your quit! I am so glad it was not hard for you! Forward we go!

Terrie  100  DOF

JonesCarpeDiem

Enjoy your freedom. don't worry about it.

Smoking is a choice.

YoungAtHeart

THIS monkey?!!!

Good to hear you are doing so well!

Keep it up!

Nancy

JACKIE1-25-15

Glad you are still smoke free. 

MarilynH

Congratulations on your wonderful quit, everyone has different experiences with their quit, enjoy the freedom because life is so much better without the crutch of cigarettes. 

Marilyn 

Connie55

I think it is all in how you personally look at smoking. Perhaps your friend quit for someone esle rather than herself and she misses smoking like a lost friend. Then there are those of us who quit because we are damn sick and tried of feeling terrible and having that addiction monkey on our backs. We do not feel like cigarettes are a "lost friend: but that we are finally freed from our jailer of death.  Don't worry about why you feel differently than your friend, the way you feel will definately keep you free forever.