cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Still Growing, Still Learning, Still getting Better!

Thomas3.20.2010
3 17 40

When I came here to BecomeanEX, I was a Serial Quitter but now I had to find the Long Haul – the Forever Quit!

Because of the Folks who had come before me I was able to sort out my Thoughts and Feelings separate from my Actions. Thoughts and Feelings compel Action but they don’t dictate them.  They just are! Executive Control in your Brain decides one’s actions.

YES – I was compelled to smoke during the first weeks – BUT I DIDN’T! I decided that that wasn’t going to happen! YES – I had Addictive Thoughts during the first 4 Months! But I didn’t feed those thoughts with Personal Power! I directed my energy to other places and kept stack those days with Commitment.

YES - I Experienced 2 Full Years of Seasonal Triggers but I always kept in mind that I was in control – not those triggers!

YES – I still get an occasional sabotage thought, even a strong feeling – sometimes situational, sometimes a memory gone rogue, sometimes well, who knows? It just is! – but I refuse to sacrifice my FREEDOM for a dead leaf!

As Life throws it’s Best and Worst at me I have to remain vigilant with the same basic tools I acquired those first days: N.O.P.E. and N.E.F. as well as S.I.N.A.O.

Not One Puff Ever

Never Ever Forget

Smoking is NOT an Option!

Make those tools very strong in your mind! Keep them handy and polished!

And remember you always have a Choice! Time will take care of the rest!

I just want to take a moment here to Thank All of the Elders who brought me to this place! I did the work but they shined the light onto the path in front of me!

Thank You – for literally saving my LIFE!

17 Comments
smorgy8513

All of what you said is true.....and that helped you get to where you are today.

And the attitude and gratitude have been passed by you to all of us here.     

I can' t even begin to name all the ways you have helped me....but, a few of them are knowledge, sincerity, humor, caring, inspirational, faith......the list could go on and on.

Congrats to you Thomas and a big Thank you Brother!

You are one of the few that I can honestly say:

Sharon

constanceclum

Congratulations on 2000 days and thanks for spending a great deal of time and effort helping others. I imagine that you have helped a good deal of people reach their forever quits by not thinking "Well I got this, I don't need to keep educating and supporting others" You are a good man.

Jenn_06-03-14

This was an excelleng post!  Thank you for sharing!  You are doing great!!!  Positive attitude will get you very far!  🙂

froguelady

Thank you Thomas, you share your wisdom with us all.  Have a wonderful day my friend.

Hopeful36

Congratulations on your wonderful 2000 days of freedom! Thanks also for always being just what I need to keep myself on course. Words can never truly express how needed, appreciated and loved you are for always being so selfless, honest, kind and patient. Have a fabulous day!

Sharon

elvan

2000 DAYS, Thomas, CONGRATULATIONS and thank YOU for your continuing support of every person who comes here, your love and your prayers and your encouragement have meant the WORLD to me!

Love, Ellen

Jennifer-Quit

WOW - Big Congratulations to you!  And a big Thank-you for your continued dedication to this site and the people here. We all benefit greatly by your presence here!

jonilou

Happy 2000 Thomas! You are one of the most positive people on this site. You share such good educational material and really try to help us with all of our various "conditions". I appreciate the time and effort that you put into this group. Maybe someday, in Heaven, you'll find out how many you have helped to save on this earth! I think the number will be large! Love, Joni

freeneasy

Congratulations Thomas! My countdown to 1000 is 22 days and I credit  much of my  success to your presence..

MarilynH

A super duper congratulations on your awesome 2000 precious DOFand counting. 

Marilyn ☺ 

Sooz3

Huge congratulations on your amazing 2000th day of freedom! Thank you so much for all your support and inspiring blogs, you are a star!! Love Sooz 

bonniebee

From my first time trying to communicate here I remember you and Dale as my first contacts and you have stuck by me all the way ! I thank you from the bottom of my heart and all the other Ex'ers too ! I am at day 214 and feeling good in my quit THANK YOU !

bonniebee

I didn't even say ......CONGRATULATIONS on your 2000 glorious days of freedom !!!!!

jacks1125

great blog.... as usual...so much info

pir8fan

ConGrats on Two Grand my Friend!

Giulia

"a memory gone rogue"  Wow. That just may be the reason long-term quitters relapse.  I just put THAT one in the back of my head for future reference, thank your for it.

I think all of us long-term quitters are in the same state you are with growing, learning and getting better.  This is an addiction we have. And as such we must pay it ever mind as opposed to never mind. 

sparky26

Thank you for all the knowledge you share and for all the encouraging words .

Congratulations on 2000 days Thomas.  

About the Author
63 years old. 20 year smoker. 11 Years FREE! Diagnosed with COPD. Choosing a Quality LIFE! It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. -Galatians 5:1