cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Staying Quit

Cbefree
4 8 190

Greetings to everyone traveling this path, I needed to write a bit today as I experience 92 days quit, NOPE being the operative word.

The reflections at 3 months: that the roller coaster of emotions is finally settling down. I noticed about a week 1/2 ago that I was feeling a lot more stable, not so thin-skinned, and stopped tearing up at the drop of a hat. Whew, that was a wild ride, really wasn't fit to be among other humans. I was able to implement a level of isolation from my most triggering relationships. I'm grateful to have been so strongly drawn to that isolation & my life's circumstances were accommodating. I had all of your support, I had this outlet to unload, and of course my dog Bernie for walking our legs off. 

It's a remarkable experience to be so awake and aware of the last 3 months and be able to reflect on the difference a day makes. It's like a light switch turning on (between then and now) that is so profound there aren't any words that are adequate. So for those who might read this who are newer quits then I, I can honestly say IT DOES GET EASIER! 

Cheers to all of us on this journey, I wouldn't be here without you (oh goodness that brought tears to my eyes 😂

8 Comments
About the Author
Recently retired at 69 which means I've smoked for over 50 years! Serial quitter like many of you, this time it's different. I've never had an opportunity to stay this present in a quit. In reading old posts of mine, I welcomed feeling everything & do I ever! All feelings are heightened good/bad/indifferent. I've lived in the Sierra foothills since 2003, very happy to be retiring here and be addiction-free.