cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Staying Dedicated

jojo_2-24-11
0 6 9

to your quit is so important to you and your quit. However you do it, it is a must for you to stay quit. It's just like putting together a quit plan. Put together a maintainence plan as well. If we get too comfortable and think that one cigarette is okay, we are so wrong. I remember how much of a struggle it was to get myself to make the decision to quit. It took me 6 months of fighting with myself to take the leap. Mean while I did the legwork for quitting aids. I stumbled, yes, stumbled onto this site and started reading the blogs and comments and found out that I was an addict to nicotine. What a rude awakening that was! See I prided myself for many years on not being addicted to anything other than hot tea.

Come here daily and check in, reach out to the people on this site who are here because they want to help in good and not so good times. There are real people behind all the words that are typed here.. If nothing is going on here that interests you, send messages to the friends you have made here. Outside of the site, find things that will help you in reinforcing your quit. These things will not always be on top of your list every day but it's an important part of life that you want to keep in check. Making this a priority is like brushing your teeth in the morning, eating a healthy breakfast. it becomes second nature or should I say it is as natural as you can get. Breathing!

6 Comments
ladybug49

you are so right I have quit so maney times it is unthinkable. each and every time I stoped coming to what ever online meda I was using and each time I fell on my face. I never understood why people that quit 1,5, years ago still come to places like this. I get it now. stoped for ever.

Thomas3.20.2010
You Rock, JoJo!
Nyima_1.6.13

Tell 'em how it's done girl and remind us how to stay quit!! You are the best! thanks

luisdeleon619

thank 4 let us know

joyeuxencore

YES Jojo...xo

lisa2111

I really enjoyed reading your message.