cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Starting a New Blog for a New Day

jewlz23
7 21 237

Today is January 8th. It has been approximately 23 hours since my last cigarette. My last one was around 6 a.m. yesterday morning. My quit date I set for the 9th, tomorrow but I needed to give it a proper goodbye since joining here, so I give a few days notice. I have a head start, I guess. 

I still feel unsure of myself at times while at other times I have the attitude of "yes I can beat this". I got many wonderful tips on my first blog. One was a relaxing technique that I was already doing on my own but couldn't explain to myself what it was that I was doing. It just came to me and I did it. Now I have it more organized and written down so I know the way to relax in my mind. 

The craves are less than they were. I still want one, but the cravings are getting confused by what I am doing or not doing. When I crave, I first try to get up and do something...anything to get my mind away. If that doesn't work, then I try to just relax through the moment until it passes. Sometimes the crave is nagging at me and wont go away. At that point, I will mouth puff a vape at the lowest dosage they have. I'm using a 1.8mg. I have relied on the vape a few times but I am keeping it at a minimum level as possible. I also am wearing the 14mg nicotine patch. 

Benefits: Much less coughing with a more productive cough. (When will phlegm go away?) My breathing is regular and normal. I can get up and do things without being  short of breath or exhausted. I was able to take a walk (although short one) up to the next block up from my house without it hurting me. My nasal passages are clear and I am not sniffing and snuffing anymore. 

I am me and I can live without you my longtime companion, Mr. Cigarette. I can live without your puffs and your stink and the teary eyes you gave me numerous times. I can live feeling full of breath and full of life. I hope you go away Mr. Cigarette for good so that no one ever suffers your wrath. You kill people and make them suffer while you snicker in the background knowing that your poison will catch up to them and kill or maim them. 

21 Comments