cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Started my Quit

time2quit15
0 13 176

Well I followed the plans here at Become an Ex.. and then I had my last cigarette last night at 10:10 pm cst.

Lisa  - Free and Healing for 8 Hours and 38 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy , by avoiding the use of 9 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $1.85.

I woke up this morning and was like, Oh Crud it's my quit date, and I got on my nicotine patch. Seriously thought about giving myself another day of smoking first, but then realized that was just putting off what I really want to do one more day. I want to be a non smoker with a healthy body.

I can do this, I know I can. I just have to remember what I learned here, and keep coming back for support.

13 Comments
whognu_1-2007

YEP!

smorgy8513

Just do it!!!

Congrats on working day 1!

Stay strong and remember all you've learned.

LouiseR

Congrats on day one.  Remember all you have read and learned.  You can do this!

SmokedOut041412

Welcome to Day 1. It's a Good Day.

Stick close and never lose sight of why you are here---a healthier brighter future!

We are all in your corner cheering you on---can you hear us 🙂

phage511

One day at a time! Congrats on your day one. You can do it!

Crunkgrinder
Congrats! The best time to quit is always sooner rather than later. You can do it 🙂 -Taylor
candylance

Congrats, Lisa!! You're really doing it! I'm so proud of you. Remember in the beginning, One Hour at A Time. Keep up with the WhoGnu? He's been quit since 2007 and still helps people like us. I'll have two weeks tomorrow. Can you believe it? Keep in touch. Love ya, Candy

Thomas3.20.2010

Not One Puff Ever!

It's Time 2 Quit!

Magstoyou

Congrats Lisa-Keep going forward. For me it was staying close to this site. Keep reading and looking at all the BLogs. Reading Allen Carr's book!!! I am a newbe and the older ones on the site post good sites and you can read in their bloggs what they did when they felt like etc. etc. You get the tools by reading and gaining knowledge. Blog, read the blogs and keep close to the site!!!

Congrats on your first day. Keep going forward the best way you can.

Mog-70 Days

Mag

joyeuxencore

Congratulations on the best decision you will ever make for yourself and your loved ones, especially that delightful little precious angel girl...

SO nice to hear that you did the prep work...Have you read the suggested books and links? I love your positive attitude lady it is the MEANING of quit!

Your first decision of the day was to stick with your quit date! I remember feeling the same way on day one and I also stuck with my commitment...322 days ago...SO glad you are here! xo

YoungAtHeart

"If you think you can or think you can't, you are right."  Henry Ford

Think you CAN!

Remember to distract, distract, distract!  Don't let that addict thought be alone in your brain.  Move your mind to something else....count the clouds, the lines you pass on the sidewalk, ANYTHING to keep your thoughts off of that crave.  It will pass and you will be better prepared for the next one!  The first three/four days are the most difficult....get through them and it gets easier - I promise!

Congratulations on your decision to quit!

Nancy

candylance

Inbox me tonight and let me know how it went today. I've been thinking of you often.

Love, Candy

caingurl1

Congrats, Lisa. I will keep you in my prayers.