cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Sorry to me...

Courage
0 22 84

I'm out for now, clearly I don't get it...

22 Comments
Puff-TM-Draggin

= (

YoungAtHeart

We will leave the light on for you.

Nancy

NewMe

hope to see you come back soon

JonesCarpeDiem

Me either.

HealthyOrange

Please come back soon! 🙂

JACKIE1-25-15

i don' get it either.  In fact I am smh. 

JonesCarpeDiem

I think you are complicating it Fannie

nanawendy

I don't get it either.  Why anyone would choose to do Day One over and over !!!

keep calm and carry on

Wendy

12/31/12

elvan

Oh honey, you need to value yourself and realize what harm you are doing to yourself and to those who love you, I do not want you to have to go through what I am going through but I can't help feeling that you are headed down that road.

I love you, we ALL love you.

Danno_11-10-12

I'm not sure what your post means but there is no wallowimg in self pity.  You want to quit like we all did.  Make a plan, listen to the great advice and commit.  You are worth it!  Best wishes

annb

Your time will come soon my friend. Mine has - (looking ahead to reaching 90 days Dec 1st. I know the Wellbutrin is helping me keep quit this time! Maybe try it out? oxoxox

Terri103

Fannie, I know you get it.  Why are you afraid of succeeding?  I have confidence in you.   Please go easy on yourself.  We want you back.   

smorgy8513

Don't wait too long to be back here and QUIT!

Sharon

Eric_L.

Id recommend hanging around but if you need space, or whatever, please try to stay in touch with someone here so that you stay plugged in.

constanceclum

Just don't stop reading blogs and comments. It is through that that you will get it.

MarilynH

Praying that you will be back soon to grasp onto your forever quit. 

Junior7

Come back soon! 

Barbara145

You are probably like me.  You just are not sick enough yet.  Keep smoking and you will get there.  God bless you.

Sootie

Oh!!!!!! Barbara's comment brought tears to my eyes......but it is so true. There is nothing to "get". If you smoked......just put them down and start again.....now. There is never a bad day to quit smoking and never a good reason to continue.

We have ALL been where you are......you CAN be where we are....don't fool yourself that you cannot. Please do not wait to get sick.

Let's go! You can do this. Stay Strong.

Sootie

I JUST noticed your online name.......

"Sometimes COURAGE does not roar------sometimes COURAGE is a very faint whisper that says----I will try again tomorrow."

ShawnP

Sootie said it...I was going to say, look at your name. I will add.......

cour·age

ˈkərij/  

noun 

the ability to do something that          frightens          one.      

swilson2

Frannie, like Barbara i also waited too long too quit, COPD is a monster and if you keep smoking sooner or later he will win. Have faith in yourself courage!!!

About the Author
Gone but Not Forgotten. RIP - they leave a legacy of their quit journeys behind as road maps for future members, to prevent the pitfalls, provide the tools and show the hope and possibilities for success at overcoming this addiction at any age at any stage. Quit March 16th. 52 years old, smoked 2 packs a day for 40 years, enough said. Day 124, July 18 I smoked a cigarette and continued to smoke (because there is no such thing as just one) until Sunday, November 2, 2014. April 24, 2015 I'm editing the above. Certainly did not quit back in November and I'm 53 now. Boy, time sure flies... There's nothing worse than being a smoker who wants nothing more than to quit. Okay, so now it's over a year, but I will do this starting today, August 17, 2015. Out of the darkness and into the light.... Needed to update this, quit as of September 14, 2015. Anyone contemplating losing their quit, just follow this time line, it's taken me over a year to take back my freedom when I thought it was going to be so easy to take it back before. Don't make that mistake. Wish I had a counter, but as I write this it is September 24, 2015, I'm in the baby stages of my quit. Day one again, September 28, 2015