cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Sorry, My Quit Family

lynette9
0 11 34

I read that Admin is trying to speed up the site for which I'm extremely grateful. But so far, hasn't happened for me. Each time I try to read the full post it takes almost 30 full seconds to load. Doesn't matter if I'm on FireFox or Chrome or whatever. It's just too long for me. Then, yesterday, when I was trying to get to my page, it completely froze up. I was thoroughly disgusted! Not enough to smoke, of course!

I'm so sorry that I cannot be here to encourage the newbies, to chat with my buddies, Maggie, Strudel (Kathy), LindaN, Lonita, Nancy, Marcie, Aztec, Tommy, and oh, gosh, have definitely forgotten some. Congrats, Cyn, on one full year, doll!

I see lots of new faces the same as last year when New Year's rolled around. I hope you all will stay smoke-free.

It has been wonderful for me not to smoke anymore after 40+ yrs of smoking. And I couldn't have done it withiout my quit family here. You all have been so kind, generous with your time and so very thoughtful to me. I have no words to convey my appreciation.

I am going to have another surgery, this time on my neck. However, I will not be smoking so I won't be craving while in the hospital!

Thank you all for caring about me. Really. You have no idea what it means to me.

PS - What is the badge deal all about?

PS PS - I stay in touch with JoJo thru her Journal....

11 Comments
jim117

We all are wondering what the badges are about.  As far as how slow it is, is anybody's guess.  I personally defragged my computer and it made it very noticeably faster.  I have my  puter set to defrag every friday.  I hope that keeps it going faster.  We'll see I guess.  Back to the badges. Nobody likes them.  There have been a lot of disputes about them.

onelasttime

I will message you my e-mail

onelasttime

I will message you my e-mail

maggie_8-1-2010

Hey sweetie. Glad to hear you are having the surgery Sending up positive thoughts for you, your doc and your healing. Stay in touch. You know the #!!!. ((hugs))

ps...it real makes me unhappy to see people leaving over this. It's gonna get better. I'll let you know when that happens!

BobbyMaynard

Sorry Lynette, the slowness is very frustrating. I hope you will continue to try, they say they are working on it and I  hope we will see a noticable diffrence over the next couple of weeks. As far as the badges are concerned. Badge Haters

Bobby

bella65

sorry Lynette.i hope your surgery goes well....this site is very slow for me also.

i agree dumb badges.lol

Ex_Nancy

WAITAMINIT...neck surgury? When Lynette? I can show you how to speed up your inetnet for the short term,lol....LOVE U...Nancy

Strudel

I really understand - it has been making me nuts too! I haven't given up hope. Please check back in a while and see how things are - please!

In the meantime - take very good care of yourself while you are recovering! I miss you Lynette! Oh - and please check out Bobby's Badge Haters group!! 

melissa131

I have found that very early in the morning it's faster. But..yeah...I think its cause there is too much stuff, despite what they say, it is slower since the badges were introduced. 

I hope you stick around, cause you are an  important part of this site. And I totally feel ya, in fact it took me a while to get back to this post because it drifted onto the next page, that seems to be the slowest thing for me, changing pages. 

I hope it gets better, cause this place is a great place, because of the people. 

jojo29

soooo, thats why i dont see u here as much anymore,:) i read everything u write me lynette, i luv u for it too. when are u havin surgery, i want details lady,when where how,will you stay there, details :)) ya gona check out the good looking drs out there too :))lmao well, i no everyhing will work out for the best,god id good 🙂

as for here being slow,freezing up i agree, i get on sometimes and freeze up so i leave or its ways to slow for me and i have no patience eaither sometimes haaha..but i try to come check on my lil peepes here and meet the newbies.

lmao the badges LMAOLMAOLMAO follow what strudel says lmao..luv u lynette

remember, p/m me with details ,,thank u :))))

Bonnie11.3.2009

so sorry to hear of your troubles.  It's hateful not to be able to talk to your friends when you want to!  Please keep us informed about your surgery and how you're doing!  Congratulations on protecting your quit!