Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

So proud of myself - Tackled that trigger like a BOSS

Angelsyaya
7 5 160

Happy Monday

I have to share this moment with you as it was so significant for me.    Christmas night after all had left, my hubby and I went to our mancave to have a beer.    Everyone who was over knows I don't smoke anymore and they were very good about keeping it away from me, however when we got into the garage (mancave) I spotted a pack of Marlboros sitting on the bar.    I walked over to it hesitantly praying it would be an empty pack.    Opened it up and there was one sickarette left.    For one second, I thought about it and then I told myself, girl........kick **bleep** here.    I broke that smoke into as many tiny pieces as I could and threw that and the pack in the trash.   Then I text everyone who cares about my quit as much as I do, to share my news.  What a great feeling it was and is to still be SMOKE FREE.

5 Comments
About the Author
i Started smoking when I was 12. My parents were young and divorced. I would stay with my Dad in California for a month every summer. He caught me smoking and instead of punishment, he bought me a carton of cigarettes and said, if you're going to smoke, you're going to do it in front of me. He then proceeded to call my Mom and tell her. Needless to say, not to be outdone by Dad, I arrived home to a carton of cigarettes waiting for me in the car. Fast forward all of these years later and they are the two that harp on me the most about quitting. IRONIC don'tcha think. LOL 59, this is probably my 20th quit, but this one has to stick. Stage 4 COPD, 30% lung function and 229% air trappings. Been smoking since I was 12. Doctor said, QUIT NOW, or you'll be dead in 10 years. BIG MOTIVATOR. DO NOT FORGET THIS.