cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

So glad I came back where I belong ,

marie23
0 13 31

I have heard it said that you can never go back home again.. I would like to express my gratitude to of all of you that have reached out and welcomed me back with open arms. I am a very lucky Woman. I have had multiple quit attemtps here in the past. Some of them 6 months or more. I believe the reason that I failed over and over to stay smoke free is my denial of the fact that I AM AN ADDICT ! My drug of choice is nicotine, I really get and understand that now and I accept that I am powerless over this drug.  I now am making the commitment to N.O.P.E. just like those who have come before me did.   They have sustanined long successful quits. Congratulations to one and all!

I no longer believe that I am special or unique and after a matter of months that I can just have one. I know addiction does not work that way. I also know that waiting until my life calms down or becomes less stressful or my anxiety is better to quit is just unrealistic thinking and my addict brain giving me justification to keep using.

So armed with the knowldege and education on MY addiction, the wonderful support and family that welcomed me back, and a whole new attitude being  I am giving myself and my loved ones something wonderful by quitting, and not letting myself believe that I am taking something away from myself I have a new found zeal and strong committment, I also combine all this with my strong faith in a loving and most powerful God that gives me strentgh I only need ask.

Today my heart is filled with gratitude and Joy for having this awakening and hearing the call to come back to where I belong. 

Most humbly yours Marie,

P.S.  2 weeks smoke free for me today

13 Comments