cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

So far okay! dealing with aggravations

Lisa308
0 8 31

Good morning from Connecticut!  Well I made my first day!  I am so glad I didn't pick up when tempted.  I feel like I jjust might be well on my way to day two.  YEAH!!!   I woke up feeling good not smoking, the morning coffee is my BIGGEST difficult time.   My hubby is flying today and the airline website is useless.  I'm currently on hold with the airline.  He's departing from JFK and with the high winds the tv said 137 flights cancelled.  i did get aggravated and the first thing I did was reach for a smoke, which of course, was not there.  

When I felt tempted first thing this morning came to this site knowing I would get support 🙂  Thank you to everyone for being here.  I know this is the very, very beginning but I am pleased I made it through the first day.  Peace, Lisa

8 Comments
MarilynH

You should be pleased making it through day 1,now if you need to take one minute at a time throughout today. Drink lots of water and keep your mind as well as your hands occupied and keep telling yourself that you don't smoke anymore, maybe crunch on raw carrots or celery . I used sugar free mints if the cravings were strong .you can do this  stay close to this site, we are here for you. 

Marilyn 

smorgy8513

Congrats on Day One....more important Day Won!

And Atomic Fireballs are the BOMB......they certainly helped me save my quit early on.

Stay strong today!

Sharon 

bonnie-12-28-14

Congrats!!!  Gum and life savers and werthers.  They have a kind that has coffe in it YUM!!  Come to this site often and reach out when you need it.  Don't ever forget to breath and always Celebrate your decision.  Feeling like something is missing will pass and only come once in a while.  

Stay strong.

N.O.P.E.

JonesCarpeDiem

Very Good.

Lisa308

Boy is this site valuable!  thank you for all your suggestions I'm sure I will try them all - except maybe the fireballs!  LOL  Wishing everyone a beautiful smoke free day!

Peace, Lisa

ShawnP

I had a problem too with coffee. I know some wouldn't agree with me but there is 1 that does. I always thought when i smoked that the coffee tasted similiar to my cigarette. I started to make my coffee stronger. To keep busy during that morning ritual, i came faithfully on site every morning to read blogs and messages. You want to change your routine. We tend to relate smoking to just about everything that we do. Life is going to happen and sometimes it will get difficult but keep saying NO and keep moving forward. 

jdrabbit01

I had a tough time with coffee too.  I switched to tea first thing in the morning and didn't have my coffee until I got to work.  I couldn't take a smoke break that early at work so it delayed the association.  Now I can have coffee whenever, but I just don't as often.  Congratulations on Day One!!  Hope all goes well with your hubby's flight.  I am on the east coast too and looking forward to hiding inside all day from this nasty weather.  I beleive out wind chill for today is -20!!

pir8fan

You will get to a point where you reach for that "Ghost Pack" and will laugh at yourself! When you reach that point, you are FREE! 

You can do this! Stay close to us, and reach out if you need help!      Tommy