cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

So-Bored-With-My-Coping-Mechanisms Week

JustinHoot99
3 22 343

Today is day 21 for me which is the start of week 4.

Here are some definitions I saw and liked:
1. Hell Week (White hot raging withdrawal.)
2. Wailing Week (Shock wore off. A deep sense of loss and longing set in.)
3. **bleep** Week (What now? Will this ever get easier? What has gone wrong with my brain? Why has my IQ dribbled out the bottom of my shoes? How long have I been staring vacantly into space? Will I ever poop normally again?)
4. So-Bored-With-My-Coping-Mechanisms Week (I'm so sick of .....)

My plan for getting through this week:
1.  Changing from never having access to my keys w/o asking wife to get them, to having her hide them only M-F.  I keep them Fri nite to Sun nite.  But I still will be having her give me the smell test if I drive somewhere on weekends.
2.  Continuing my daily check list.
3.  Obviously I'll still be coming here.  Lots
4.  Repeating the 3 or 4 inspirational quotes I keep telling myself.

Things to work on:
1.  Since I've quit smoking, I've had a tough time getting my self started working in the mornings.  I work from home since Covid.  Pre-quit, I would always drive to the gas station to get a fountain drink, and of course smoke 1 on the way there and 1 on the way back (Its literally a 2min drive so you can imagine how far out of the way I would drive).  Now, I get up, come to my computer and check FB, read CNN and FOX hilites, then come here.  The nicotine was my kick in the butt to get started and now I waste a lot of time because my brain just does not want to do work w/o that nicotine.  I need to cut back to just a quick check in here, then get started on work.

22 Comments
About the Author
I'm back after restarting smoking early last year, I'm back here for support. QD was 2/19 5pm.