cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Smoking can take controll if you let it

kaycl1769
0 8 16

Today I woke up with the feeling of new determination to stop smoking cigarettes. Since I started this program it made look at how many cigarettes I am smoking, and how many in the past I was smoking. I told myself I could do it on my own, but that's not the case. In the past 2 yrs. I have told my daughter so many times I will quit, but when it comes to the date I couldn't do it. But, this time I am trying this program, and I have never tried any program before. The last 2 yrs. has been bad, with my health since I have Crohn's disease, an I have to deal with my Mom and Daughter taking care of me. We lost my Dad when I was 9 yrs. to smoking cigarettes. So Mom can't stand smoking because of that. With the tracking of the cigarettes has helped me see how many I am actually smoking, and I think back to 2 weeks ago when I decided to really do it, then I was almost a pack a day. The reason is I went to the doctors an my breathing level is a 90 yrs. person and I am 42 yrs. BIG REALITY CHECK!!! So each day I would cut 2 or 3 back each day, then I found this site and it helps me more and knowing people are trying just as I am. Being new to the site I do believe it helps me a lot. I have had a couple of members to reach out, so Thanks for the support. Kaycl1769

8 Comments