cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Smokemare

LoisLL
1 7 103

A couple days ago, I had my first smokemare. I didn’t know what it was called until reading some of the questions here. 

My dream was so vivid! I was at Kathy’s weekend wedding. It was quite the affair. I was a plus one and was watching the the rehearsal from my room. Suddenly, I got a call from another friend who I didn’t recognize. She asked me to go out on the town. I quickly grabbed my cigarettes to go out the door. I suddenly stopped and realized something was wrong. I wasn’t in my 20s anymore; I was at Kathy’s wedding, who passed away years ago addicted to drugs; and mostly, I DON’T SMOKE. I woke up. 

I also realized that I forgot to take my nicotine patch off while I slept. I immediately removed it and went back to sleep. My history tells me that I have these vivid dreams when a leave the patch on. I believe I read this was a side affect. I’m so happy I didn’t smoke. I am going to beat this addiction.  I am still 8 days without a smoke.  

Tags (2)
7 Comments
indingrl

CONGRATS 8 DAYS- YOUR not alone I had smokemares too and yes it seems so real - I was taught smokemares are just a REMINDER - I am ONLY one puff away FROM danger and it was SUGGESTED I go HELP the next SUFFERING NICOTINE ADDICT - so I came to HELP - I think YOUR DOING very good - gentle hug

shashort

Good for you on 8 BIG days of FREEDOM!!  I feel ya, those dreams are very vivid and feel real, but the great thing is you are still smoke.  Pat yourself on the back, you are doing this quit thing.  Remember NOPE!  It will take you to freedom that you are looking for. HURRAH!!

Mandolinrain

Many congrats on 8 days. Yep I have ad those dreams also, but not for along time. Of course now that we are talking about it I will tonight probably, lol....just kidding.

sweetplt

Yes unfortunately, the smokemares happen...luckily it is only in your sleep...Hang in there and Happy Saturday...Welcome to Day 9...soon in double digits LoisLL 

~ Colleen 348 DOF ~

Barbscloud

Congrats on 8 days smoke free.   Yes they happen to most of us.

Barb

Madyzsgocka

Congrats of 8 days!! Yes, most of us have the dreams patch or no patch. It's just part of it. What feels os good to me is when I wake up and realize it was just a dream. I feel so relieved at that point, whew! Keep going!!

LoisLL

Thank you  

About the Author
From Washington DC. Grew up in ANNANDALE VA. I was in the Navy and worked at Navy Federal for 23 years. I have 2 children and am Nearing retirement.