cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Smokeless Daze

John10forteen
0 12 209

Or I should say hours. So.... the office work and smoking thing was a lotta strain on the brain. I oversmoked my daily limit to get the office work done, but I didn't say I couldn't do it or decide to try another time to quit smoking and  I wasn't going to let excuses, excuses, excuses break me this time.

I pushed through the office daze, finished the backlog and alll caught up to the 4th qtr. I promised myself because of the extra ciggs, I would quit when I did tthe last receipt. AND SO I HAVE. Now I'm into smokefree daze 

The FEAR of tackiling the office backlog was so much worse than actually just doing it, RIGHT NOW, I'm finding the same thig is true about commiting to not having any more cigarettes. The FEAR of it was a whole lot worse for a few days than actually doing it today.

For those of you who thought I might've bailed........ Got ya! I'm 7 days ahead of my planned quit date!

You'alls support, comments, blogs and pages helped me hunker down to get 'er done. It's been about 6 hours but no sweat........ There is no way in hell I'm going to write in my bloig tomorrow.......that I smoked.

THANK YA'LL FOR THAT!

12 Comments
Junior7

Congrats on your quit!  It's rough at first, but it gets better! 

John10forteen

Thanks Junior, I'm confident I'll make it through but have learned from the past, how quickly that confidence can be dissolved. Determined but not cocky.

YoungAtHeart

The first couple of days are not easy, but they ARE doable.  Just stay committed and stay busy.  Remember to distract yourself when a crave makes you uncomfortable. 

Congratulations on your decision to quit!

annb
Good job John. I know that feels great! I sure wish I could tackle my backlog with as much gusto. I think I'm just tired of it piling up again and again and again. This is just home stuff! I did better with my job stuff. More incentive I guess. Now, no one is going to write me up or fire me! So I've completely fallen apart! Hah!!!
suzanne41

Now that the smoke has cleared.... Congratulations on starting your quit ahead of time!!  Stay close to this site and keep reading.  You CAN do this!!

JonesCarpeDiem

well, it seems you begun the conqueration.

the daily limit often gets people frantic when they have smoked their alotment and start thinking about another one.

Stick with it.

MarilynH

Right on, keep that incentive stay strong you can do this. 

Pops

To me, there was something theraputic about "physically" tearing up smokes into small pieces and throwing them into the toilet & flushing them.  Watch them go down & commit to the clean bowl, that you are going to be as clean as it is & be done with it.  p.s., throw away the lighters & ashtrays as well.  

Pops

john302

That's fantastic. It's my first day as well.

nanawendy

WTG, John, You can do this, stay close to us and just take it one day at a time.

keep calm and carry on

Wendy

12/31/12

SweetMelissa4

That's amazing news John!  Please do lots of reading.  It's so important to educate yourself.  Keep positive.... you can do this!

hellbilly_va2

That's What's Up, John . Scary parts over with now. Stay positive. Congrats.