cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Smoke free for me!!!!

shashort
2 19 203

Hello to all and WHEW CAN I SAY I MADE IT 109 days without a cigarette, not one puff because I use NOPE!!!  AND I DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE!!!  As you know the past few weeks have been hell weeks and high stress levels out of this world.  In my smoking days stress was at the top of my list for trigger. WHEW let me tell you I have been dealing with all this stress without a cigarette in hand.  I am learning how to deal with the stress as a non-smoker.  Have I thought about smoking, heck yeah I even was around someone smoking and even thought about bumming or even snatching her cigarette?   I didn't give in; I walked away and said NOPE!! I don't do that anymore.  Why?  Because I am determined and I made a commitment that I would not smoke NO MATTER WHAT!!!   So will say stress has kicked my butt then I kicked Nico dudes butt by not giving into it and for that I am so proud of me of sticking to my plan.  To all of you I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your prayers, advice, love and support you all have shown me.  Well for update on Meagan I just went and picked her up and she is finally back home where she belongs.  We are doing counseling weekly and hopefully it helps get life back on track.  Health update finally getting better, breathing better and yay off the oxygen.

I have to say seems to be a lot of people slipping, backsliding or whatever you want to call it.  I could have easily gave in and smoked because I was having stress and smoking would make it all better.  Well smoking makes nothing better and then you have to start back to day one. EWE!!  I have read people not feeling good and resorting to smoking! Really how is smoking going to make you feel better?!!!  I feel like I got through my tough times because I used all my tools in my tool box. I used all my resources, talked to people here on phone,  I came here shouted, screamed and blogged when my tough got going because I needed the help to get through as I was afraid I couldn't do it myself.  That is what I thought the whole community is for is to come here and ask for help when needed, just don't smoke and then come for help it’s too late.  I feel in order to keep my commitment I blog to get help, then I listen to the advice given and then I follow the advice. There is a lot of great support here in the community but you must utilize it to get the help you need. You have to be willing to do whatever it takes to get through it.  I am sure I am not over the craves as I am still in NML and still have more to learn but I am determined that I will not quit on my quit as Terrie says.  Thanks again for all your love and newbies reach for help and don't give into the addiction.  Elders tell me it will get easier and better in time, I am holding on to their promise as they know more about quitting than I do.  STAY STRONG!!! NOPE!! for me.  

PS: Oh yeah may not be on line as much in next few days as brother n law is having quadruple bypass and I will be watch my sister. I have a twin who had an aneursym rupture and requires care so I will be spending a few days enjoying sister time.  I am taking my lap top so may be in and out. No worries I will not smoke and that is my promise for next few days. 

19 Comments
exldysmoker

Congratulations on not smoking! You are certainly an inspiration to me!

elvan

Sharon,

This is an EXcellent blog, one that is worthy of an elder.  You have come so far and I am so proud of you and happy FOR you.  This IS a journey, one day at a time, sometimes one SECOND at a time.  You have made my night!

Many hugs and prayers for you the next few days as you go through helping your sister and your brother in law...do keep us posted when you can.

XOXO,

Ellen

jonilou

What a soldier you are! So much going on, I don't know how you do it! But you ARE doing it and sharing your wonderful example with us! Thank you and God Bless!

Ed55

You did good! Congratulations Sharon

YoungAtHeart

You are shining example for  us all....no stress is too big you can't handle it without smoking.  You should be VERY proud!

Carry on!

Nancy

Giulia

I can't WAIT to put you on the Elder's List.  And there isn't a doubt in my mind that you'll make it.  You've got the right attitude!  You're  already an Elder in newbie's clothes.

You've got a magnificent tool box, eploy it well,  and keep your quit shined and gleaming like the treasure it is. 

Hope the bypass goes well for your brother-in-law and that you have a warm time with your sister. 

Glad you're breathing better, off the oxygen and especially glad that Meagan's home.  You're a Champ!

KMC56

Wow you certainty have a lot on your plate!!!  Awesome for you and your strength in keeping with your quit. 

tjanddj

So proud of you! You are a light! Glad your daughter is back home. Prayers continue.

JACKIE1-25-15

Go to the head of the class. 

MePlus3
Your journey is beautiful Sharon! Keep up the great work!
JustSharon

Way to go Sharon! Thats alot od days. Be so very proud of your self!

plug66

WHAT A GREAT BLOG, I ENJOYED IT....GLAD MEGAN IS HOME I KNOW YOU'RE REALLY HAPPY ABOUT THAT....ENJOY YOUR TIME WITH YOUR SISTER, PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY...AND MOST OF ALL ENJOY THE FREEDOM FROM SMOKING.....YOU ARE ROCKING IT MAMA

Dotgirl_1-28-16

You are a great EXample of how to not quit on your quit. You're doing great! Thanks for the great blog and prayers to you and your family.

bonniebee

Hi Sharon wow you are a winner ! i am so very proud of you ! I am also glad your daughter is home with you again !

I hope the other newbies benefit by your blogs and experience and stop the slpping and sliding and excuses !

vanlil

Sharon

You were the 1st. person I started to chat with when I stopped cigarettes and came to this site.

I am so grateful for YOU and WOW what an example you have set for ME.

Hugs Girl Friend

Lillian    Day 72

TerrieQuit

Hello, Sharon, You sound great! Great blog Wow! 

off the oxygen! YAY!

Meagan is home! YAY!

and you are a winner, and like Giulia you are gonna make a great Elder, I can't wait to see your name on that list! YAY!

Have good sister time and I hope all goes well with your brother in law!

Keep in touch when you can, I'll miss you, Hugs! Terrie

Don't Quit on your Quit!

Daniela2016

So glad you are feeling better, and really happy you and Megan are working together with the counselor.

Best wishes for your family, and I know you will not smoke over any stress, you proved yourself Sharon, over and over again!

Congratulations, you've definitely been promoted today!!!

Puff-TM-Draggin

Kudos!

Jennifer-Quit

You are a wonderful example of "keeping your quit" even thru stressful times!  Congratulations!  Will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers!

About the Author
Hi! My name is Sharon and I am married, a mom to 5 kids and also have 2 fur babies that are both shelties and considered my kids. I have smoked for about 30 years. I came here to learn how to quit and stay quit. I need to quit to impove my health and was tired of nicotine controlling me and Doctors and family nagging me. I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. Now that I have joined in the EX family I now have been free of nicotine since May 13th 2016.