Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Slip

Nikibug
0 6 15

I had 6 months of freedom from smoking and on july 5th i slipped and have been 

smoking every day since. I surrendered and asked God to free me again. Start day one 

in morning. Really sad in Colorado!

6 Comments
MePlus3
First thing Thank God and believe that you are free "whom the son set free is truly free INDEED!" cheer up! sadness is a trigger and you should be happy to be making such a wonderful decision I know I am! And guess what? We're starting over on the same day! I finally have a newbie friend (and so do you) not that the others aren't equally awesome. So tomorrow we'll take hands in pledge to make day one a day WON! I also visualize literally grabbing a hand they have a chain group on here and when I grab someone's hand in pledge my hand is then occupied so in my mind I couldn't smoke if I wanted to unless I let their hand go and the next person take hold my free hand so then I'm definitely stuck (in a good way) sucks I didn't do it today though
KMC56

As a stronger,  smarter, more spiritual person!

Nikibug

Your right sadness is a trigger and I should be rejoicing

in the fact I am commited to not smoke one day at a time

with the peace of the Lord upon me!

Giulia

Sit down with yourself.  July 5 to July 26th is more than a "slip."  Don't you think?  Really?  Not berating you here, just pointing out the excuse "terms" that we allow in our addictive heads.  You actually started smoking again "every day since."  So you are now a smoker again.   And hence you have to go back to that hideous Day One.  I feel for you.
BUT - the great thing is you haven't given up.  And those six months smoke free that you had - aren't gone.  Your body benefitted by it greatly.  You're sad because you experienced six months of that freedom, but you gave it up  And you want it back.  It's pretty cool, isn't it - that freedom?!!!  
Well you can get it back.  Just takes a bit of continued self-discipline and perseverance.  But once you DO get it back, remember that that freedom has to be maintained. It takes the same kind of vigilance as you attend to your spiritual adherence.
Looking forward to your beautiful new quit!

Mike.n.Atlanta

I'm sure you know this story.

A man was a firm believer in God. One day it began to rain very heavily. It kept raining and caused a big flood.
The man climbed up on the roof of his house, and knew that he would be ok. God would protect him.

It kept raining and now the water had reached his waist. A boat came by and a guy in the boat said: “Hey, jump in. We will take you with us”.
“No thanks”, said the man. “I’m a firm believer in God. He will rescue me”. He sent the boat away.

It kept on raining and now the water had reached his neck. Another boat came by and a guy in the boat said: “You look like you could need some help. Jump in and we will take you with us”.
“No”, said the man. “I’m a firm believer in God. He will rescue me. Don’t worry about me”. The boat sailed away.

It still rained and the water now reached his mouth. A helicopter came by and a guy in the helicopter threw down a rope and said: “Hi there my friend. Climb up. We will rescue you”.
“No”, said the man. “I’m a firm believer in God. He will rescue me. I know he will”. The helicopter flew away.

It kept on raining, the water rose and the man drowned.

When the man died, he went to heaven. When entering Heaven, he had an interview with God.
After giving a polite greeting and sitting down, the man asked: “Where were you. I waited and waited. I was sure you would rescue me, as I have been a firm believer all my life, and have only done good to others. So where were you when I needed you?”
God answered: “I don’t get it either. I sent you two boats and a helicopter”

Nothing wrong with asking God's help but you have to do the work & stick with it.

Keep on keepin on,

JACKIE1-25-15

Learn from the mistake.  I am glad and it is a good thing that you are starting up again.  Stay connected. 

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/JACKIE1-25-15-blog/2015/10/21/stay-connected