cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Slip And Starting Back At Day One!

KayamiLyn
5 11 265

I slipped 😞 So I'm starting over. As far as I'm concerned one puff is just as bad as one cigarette or one pack. Doesn't matter the reason. I slipped. I kicked myself in the pants and now I'm going to try again, even harder. I'm not giving up. I know what caused it, I've figured out a way to avoid the situation altogether!

So here's a post for starting over and even stronger!

I also found that I can't drink coffee or use the lozenges! They mess my stomach up. I'm now officially a tea drinker AND water bottle guzzler. I think the NRT's are messing with my stomach  to the point that coffee actually sours. Tea doesn't. So learning curves here!

As a side note: I learned that the only person I disappoint, and fail is myself when I give to the stress and puff. I don't like the feeling of disappointment and failure. I'm not going to be hard on myself and dwell on it. I'm moving on and going to overcome. I'm better than that nasty smoke, I'm better than always being sick and feeling like crap. This is my quit and round two is going to be a knockout fight!

My husband learned that quitting is a struggle and not as simple or as easy as he thought. Now I've got him thinking.. He dropped down 5 more smokes a day!! I'm proud of him too. The more he cuts down, the better off we both are too!

Tags (2)
11 Comments
About the Author
New Englander - Wife - Fur Momma - Knitter - Crocheter - Blogger - Coffee-holic - Country Girl - Chex Mix Fanatic