cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Sleeping my day away

Tammy1166
4 4 272

I have no idea what the deal was today. I'm usually a night owl and an early riser. Last night, I went to bed before 10:00 PM and when I woke up this morning I looked at the clock and it was 11:00 AM! That is so unlike me. So needless to say I didn't get enough accomplished. What's bad is I felt like rolling back over and going back to sleep but instead of forced myself to get out of bed. It's been pretty much a lazy day for me. I'm going to go to bed early tonight as well because tomorrow I have to get up early for a doctor's appointment. I suppose to finally get this cast off my leg if everything has healed up okay. Keeping my fingers crossed. If it happens it will be a very fantastic happy day for me! Still trying to cut down on my smoking before my quit date comes. Hoping I can start it early!

anything-is-possible-quote-500x500.jpg

4 Comments
Hoffwjh

@Tammy1166  My sleep has been totally messed up.  By 7 pm its a struggle to stay awake but if I make it to 10 then I am wide awake again.  Whether I do or don't,  I fall asleep before I make it onto the pillow but then wake up around 2:30 and struggle for an hour to get back into intermittent sleep for a few more hours and then when the alarm rings I fall into a dead sleep for another hour or 2 before dragging myself reluctantly out of bed. Instead of the 6 or 7 hours I used to be in bed I now spend about 9 or 10, and up to 12.

My theory is that my body is trying to keep me in bed whether I sleep or not because there is little to no danger of wanting a cigarette since I would have to get up and go outside. 🙂

green1611

Nice one @Tammy1166 

If you are ready with Five Things, start early on your NO SMOKING ! Nothing will prevent you to be successful. 

All the Best !

tburton1004

@Tammy1166 sand @Hoffwjh , sleep disturbances are often the bane of the first days and weeks of quitting. I’m sure there’s a super fancy scientific explanation for it, but, sigh, it just is what it is.

Having your sleep messed up sure doesn’t help things though, does it? Quitting is hard and it ain’t fun.

Your sleep will most likely smooth out as you go along. I think my nights of constantly waking up and having absolutely cray-cray dreams lasted on and off for a month. Everyone is different.

So keep hanging in there! As my sainted (😉) Mom would say, This too shall pass. Used to make me nuts when she’d say that. But you know, she was right.

You’re doing GREAT. One day at a time! Keep coming back!

Cheers, Terry 106 DOF 

YoungAtHeart

Everything else aside, you ARE accomplishing quitting smoking and that is a GOOD THING.  The physical withdrawal aspect will calm down.

Hang in there until it does.

Nancy

About the Author
I am the mother of three adult sons and Grammy to 3 beautiful grandchildren. Wanting to be around to watch my grandchildren grow up and hopefully them having children is my main reason for wanting to stop smoking. I would have to put my health as a second reason.