cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Six weeks

Terri103
0 10 32

Gotta keep this short.  Work is crazy, big lab move, long hard hours.  computer will be packed up and taken to new lab space any time now today.

I am happy for the 6 weeks.  I still feel very strong in my quit plan and quit motivation.  

The work stuff, the bullying, the loneliness, managed to notch up the depression.  I feel like crying today, not sure why.  It's Friday, and I want to say I am so glad this week is almost over.  but next week, the actual move is going to be even worse.  moving, unpacking, setting up, and a boss that expects research TOO.  she is already dictating all this crap.  anyway, I am so tired, that I know this weekend, I won't get much done.  I need to rest up for next week.   I hate it when the depression kicks in.  

But, after all I have 6 weeks and my fur friends and I need to know that can be enough!  

You might not hear much from me due to the move, but I am there in spirit with all of you, my fellow quitters who are doing such amazing Quits!!  I learn from each and every one of you!!!!    Terri

10 Comments
elvan

So proud of you for keeping your quit with the bully boss....wish there was something that could be done.  Enjoy the weekend and rest up for next week, maybe your boss will realize the error of her ways.

JonesCarpeDiem

Hang in there. 6 Weeks is great.

Onward and Upward

Papa-Mark

Have a great wqeekend.............I too have furry friend and had a bully boss.

M

Giulia

If you feel like crying - CRY!  It's a good release mechanism for all that pent up schtuff inside us.  Then....

Try to take a step back.  And become the windshield, not the bug on it.  And remember that at the end of next week, the move will have happened, it will be OVER.  You can only do what you can do.  And if someone expects more than what you can do - that's THEIR problem.  Maybe your boss should join the Army.  lol 

6 Weeks is beautiful.  It's also still a youngster.  Protect it.

ninepatch

Take care of you this weekend!  Hang in there...

freeneasy

You are ding great with your quit! Try not to less this stress period get to you-better times will come.

YoungAtHeart

Protect your quit at all costs.  Remember to take slow, deep breaths when the stress starts to mount.  If you have to, take a bathroom break to get away for a bit.  Do what you have to do! 

Do rest this weekend - it's OK to do that, ya' know?

Nancy

Barbara145

I bet a good cry would do wonders for you.  I had them periodically through my first year.  Be kind and gentle and loving to yourself.  Great job on your quit!

djmurray

You're doing great, Terri -- and when you're dealing with that bully boss, remember that we're all standing behind you and when you need it you're getting a hug.  Giulia is right when she said that at this time next week (or thereabouts) the move will be OVER.

bonniebee

Hang in there Terri I feel so bad for you going through all the hard work with a boss who does not appreciate anything you do !  It is not a very good feeling to go to a job like that !

Hang in there and congrats on your quit You are doing great ! You are awesome !