cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Side effect I wasn't expecting?

j_tanner
0 5 16

I haven't been checking my blood sugar lately, but since I stopped smoking it seems to fall more frequently. I won't go back to smoking because of it, don't worry about that! I was just wondering, has anyone else had this problem? First time I quit cold turkey, so I just don't know what all to expect. My blood sugar has always dropped a lot, and I'm out of strips for my tester at the moment, so it may just be that I'm noticing it more. I have noticed I'm more aware of other things my body is doing, this could be the same. If anyone else has noticed this, please let me know! Thanks!

5 Comments
Thomas3.20.2010

Yes, this is a common side effect that you can help by drinking cranberry juice all day. It evens out after only a few days.

j_tanner

Ok, I've been quit for 35 days, so I guess I'm just more apt to notice when it does drop at this point, rather than it dropping more frequently?

Barbara145

I believe it is a sign of healing.  Do you get dizzy or what?  Keep up the good work.  You are doing great.. Also most cranberry juice has high fructose corn syrup which is horrible for your health.

Jennifer-Quit

I have heard that eating smaller, more frequent meals help.   I did that the first few weeks of my quit and also seemed to help with cravings. Congratulations - you are doing great!

j_tanner

I'll try the cranberry juice, and the more frequent meals if I can work them in. Thanks for the tips! 🙂