Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Shout Out!

Thomas3.20.2010
0 21 79

Hey, Elders!

How many of us love Quitting?

Tell us how long you've been quit and what you like the most!

My name is Thomas and I've been quit 5 Years 9 Months 3 Weeks 5 Days, ie 2127 Days!

I love BREATHING!

21 Comments
MarilynH

Thanks Thomas, this is my 550 th day or 18 months plus a day or a yr and a half and a day but however I describe my quit, I have to say the Freedom that I have now since quitting smoking is absolutely wonderful because there's no crutch to the killer cigarettes anymore because I am Free and it's super fantastic. Stay strong and hang tough if you are new here and just starting your quit or maybe you are having a difficult time, stick with it and keep moving forward, you must move through the roller coaster ups and downs of withdrawals and cravings to get to that good place in your quit . 

YoungAtHeart

I have been quit for 3 1/2 years and I LOVE the freedom from addiction.  I can watch a movie without fidgeting, or miss some of it to go smoke.  I can go for a walk without polluting the air for others doing the same!  I can stay in my seat at a ballgame without constantly disturbing others around me by having to go smoke. 

(I somehow can't limit myself to JUST one!!!)

🙂

tjanddj

11 months for me

Gosh, health aspect or the freedom aspect? and even those two aspects intertwine with in other. I think I need another few more years to decide and maybe by then I would be able to break it down to even a smaller detail of what I love the most but right now I don't know what I love the most. I do know I love my quit.  

Jennifer-Quit

624 days!  I too love the freedom.  But I really notice now how smokers smell - and it makes me sad that I walked around for years stinking of stale cigarette smoke.  So another thing I love is feeling like I smell good - and that I am not offending anyone with body odor cause by smoke!

kristen-9-7-15

Shoot!  I am not an elder yet but I am going to SHOUT OUT that i have been quit for 4 months, 7 days, 20 hours, and 10 minutes!!

I love smelling pretty!!  I love not being stressed!!  I love my fresh breath!!  I love feeling more relaxed!! I love sleeping through the night!! I love all the money I am saving!! I love the good friends I have made here!!  I love..I love... Oh gosh...There is so much I love... I love my quit!!

Barbara145

I love that I quit smoking.  I had tried for 52 years (several attempts.)  I love everything about not smoking.  Better physical and emotional health. Not having to worry about flying and airports.  That I can truly be present around people.  Smoking is truly NOTHING.  I quit smoking 825 days ago. 

Mike.n.Atlanta

Hey Thomas! Have been rockin this quit for 11 years 3 months & 2 weeks. I have not smoked more than 125,000 cigarettes & saved over $20,000. That's what I'm talkin bout!

Ya just gotta keep on keepin on,

freeneasy

3 YEARS and 10 Days of breathing FRESH AIR and not wasting money on sickerettes and LOVIN IT!

LouiseR

I have been quit 2 years, 4 months and 4 days.  Love the fact that I don't have to worry whereever I go where I can sneak to have a stinkerette.  FREEDOM!!

JonesCarpeDiem

9 years 2 weeks

smorgy8513

Thanks Thomas!    I love that I can breathe!!!!

Two years, five months, one week, three days, 4 hours, 23 minutes and 23 seconds. 17863 cigarettes not smoked, saving $6,118.59. Life saved: 8 weeks, 6 days, 35 minutes.

nanawendy

Thomas, I have been free for 3 years and 14 days. I love everything about not smoking ! 

keep calm and carry on

Wendy

12/31/12

Rick_M

Hi Thomas. No smoke for this guy since Apr. 3 rd '09. 2,478 days. Best thing about not smoking is the freedom of not having to feed my previous addiction 20 plus times a day and of course the extra $ has come in handy....

JACKIE1-25-15

Hey ya'll good to see these comments and quit dates.  I am 10 days away from elder.  OOops wrong page.  I love being smoke free.  

froguelady

Hi Thomas, I have been smoke free since March 16th 11, 1766 days and love not being tied to a cigarette break to interfear with my life.

Betty

Giulia

What I love about having quit - aside from meeting all the amazing people on this site, is - I don't have to think about it any more.  I don't have that constant  nagging in my brain every time I smoked a cigarette that said "you really should quit, you know?!"  It's a DONE DEAL!

And another thing I love about having quit is the personal journey to better self understanding.  And an accomplishment that nobody, and nothing, can take away from me. 

9 Years, 10 months and counting.....

bonnie-12-28-14

383 days and feeling Wonderful!!  Not having to be a slave is priceless!!

Strudel

Freedom! 

I quit on June 12, 2010 - that was 5 years, 7 months and 5 days ago! I was right in your footsteps dear Thomas! 

Sootie

I LOVE not "smelling like a cigarette!"

And I love that nothing controls where I go or what I do!

Six years and 2months!!!!!!!!! 

djmurray

I think I may be the newest elder here, and obviously I'm late to the party, but I am a completely happy quitter, and I've been quit 1 year, 16 days!!  The thing I like the best about being quit is that I NEVER have to plot how I will get my fix.

sparky26

Hello Thomas , I have 597 days smoke free and. I Love it !!!!!!

I also am very fond of breathing , and I enjoy smelling nice and not being a slave , I just wish I would have done this 40 + years ago .

About the Author
63 years old. 20 year smoker. 11 Years FREE! Diagnosed with COPD. Choosing a Quality LIFE! It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. -Galatians 5:1