cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Shhhh, the sun is out

elvan
0 11 7

I am going to try to sit on my deck for a while and soak up some sun, last time I did that, last week, the sun disappeared, the temperature dropped, and then it started pouring.  It's a secret...I am going to do something for myself and if the Nicodemon hears that, he will probably send down bolts of lightning.  I had such terrible cravings yesterday when I was grocery shopping that I had a really tough time and then I kept smelling smokers walk past me and hearing smokers coughing that unmistakable cough and I felt like I was getting someplace on this trek to freedom...the neverending road.  I did not smoke, I will not smoke today, I am stacking them up, slowly but surely.  Hope everyone has a great day!

11 Comments
About the Author
Retired RN, worked ICU/ER developed RA in early 90's, unable to work because of brittle bones from high dose steroids. Diagnosed with COPD 5 yrs ago but sure it was there and progressing long before. Live with severe chronic pain, degenerative disc disease, had both upper lobes of my lungs removed in 2015. Struggle with shortness of breath. Work in son's cafe as a cashier 2 days a week to be around people. I am a people/animal person. Lost my home and three cats in a fire on my ten month anniversary of quitting smoking. Never thought of smoking, knew it wouldn't help anything.