cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Shewww, this is tough

lbh
0 9 92

It's been 7 days and honestly it seems like it gets harder every day.  This weekend wasn't as bad as I thought it would be yet it wasn't easy.  Today has been horrible I just keep wanting to smoke.  I really thought this would get easier each day not harder.  I guess a lot of it could be because I'm still sick and it's been so stressful cause I can't sleep and I have so much to do that I don't feel like doing.  Either way I refuse to smoke so I will get through this.  I just hope it starts to get better soon.

9 Comments
nancye2014

7 days is a milestone!!  Good for you.  Stay the course for another set of 7!!!

This is my 10th quit and finally it's working for me.  14 days today.  When it pops into my head that, "oh, I wish I could smoke, boo hoo..." I turn it around and say, "WHAT THE %^&*$#!!!  They cause cancer and you want to SMOKE them?  Can you BELIEVE companies get away with SELLING them knowing that?"    I get mad and it feels better.

But I found out that when I used to smoke, I smoked constantly and fit all my activities inbetween cigs.  Consequently, am I ever having a hard time getting anything done!!!!!  Just like you said--a lot to do and we don't feel like doing it.  I know that feeling exactly!!!

Legend

It will get better soon it just takes time and a very positive attitude. You can do this. 

kickit_cricket

I felt the same way and still do at times! It does get better.  Just keep refusing to give in.  I would tell myself that smoking is not even an option!  Good luck & hang in there!

linda258

It is tough at times... but not as tough as it might be if you do not quit... it takes some time but you will start to feel like you don't want or need to smoke.  Just keep your mind on the fact that you can and will quit.   It is possible... and it does get better.  One day at a time... keep walking! 

secondchris

It is really nice to see all the couraging posts here. Today is my first day and I wish I could sleep it through. never imagined this will be as hard. let's hang on together!

elvan

Please do the reading and know that you CAN do this, seriously.  I read a blog out loud at the reunion that I had written when I was 13 days smokefree and I am now over 490...I laughed out loud because I said the same thing you just did, I expected it to be easier by now.  It DOES get easier but we smokers are not known for our patience or for our ability to handle what we perceive as stress.  You are learning and you will feel stronger as the days go by.  Hang with us!

Thomas3.20.2010

Some days seem harder than others but when you are determined to honor your pledge to live today smoke FREE the bad days come less frequent and less bad and the good days become ore frequent and richer/

My Godmother had a saying that bad days were put there to remind us to offer gratitude for the good days! She was talking about life in general but it applies here too!

lbh

Thank you all so much for all your encouragement.  I never realized how great it could be to blog about it and read others blogs, it really is very helpful.