cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Shew!!

TerrieQuit
2 10 22

Hello! I am starting to get some relief!! Thanks to all of you!    BF went home and I'm just sitting here between my two doggies taking a rest! I am so exhausted, I may even drift off for a bit!

Crisis is Over! I still got my guard up though!

I want to really Thank each and every one of you that came to my rescue! I feel very fortunate to have all of you!

It was the thought that each and everyone of you got through it that helped the most! Cuz , I'm just a stubborn ole girl and if you made it so will I!

No smoking was required! I will not give away my quit! I have earned it every step of the way and I'm keeping it!

Thanks, Again!!

Terrie  83  DOF and counting!!

10 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Getting through today will make the next challenge easier to handle, too!

Good for you!

Nancy

HealthyOrange

I'm so happy to hear you are feeling better!  And I'm so glad that you are getting some much needed rest and that your boyfriend went home.  I know you love him, but you need all your energy for you right now.  You can support him later when you are feeling better.  Sweet dreams! xoxo

JACKIE1-25-15

I am glad that you are resting.  I have been thinking about you.  I clearly remember my day 83 was very significant for me.  It was a day that brought a smile to my face.  I had this calm feeling come over me that let me know that I did not have to smoke. No matter what that part of my life was over.  You will get there too. Donot rush it, it will happen just don't smoke and you will get there.

Zendlewise

Good for you, lady.  I could so relate to what you were saying.  I hope the day will come soon whe n  we don't have to struggle so much.  Love it that you are more okay now.

Giulia

Good. 

jonilou

YES! Terrie. Now take a nice nap!

MarilynH

I am sooooooo very happy that you are feeling better now, I haven't been on line since early this morning. Mason was here all afternoon and for supper before he went home, I hope you sleep well tonight and have a much better day than the Last couple of days. You are such a strong lady and you are also very smart to come here and blog because you know that you are on your precious forever quit and will do what you need to do to protect it, sleep well Terrie.  (((((Big cyber Hug from me to you)))))

Marilyn 

cpsono

I'm so glad.  I knew you'd be OK!  Sleep well.

Puff-TM-Draggin

Rest in peace.

Wait!  That doesn't sound good.

Sleep tight.

zzzzzzzzzzz

smorgy8513

And on top of that.......you don't smoke!!!

Glad things are better!

Love ya,

Sharon

About the Author
Hello, I am a 59 year old female, name Terrie, still growing up. I have moderate COPD. I am an oxygen patient, currently not in need of the 24/7 or night time oxygen. Thanks to all the great support and education I got here on EX. My original quit date was 07/06/15 on day 519 I relapsed and started over in less than 24 hours. I want to go to the great beyond being a former smoker and I shall! COPD is not choosy! and not pretty! May 1rst, 2017 I am using Dale's suggestion to put off a cigarette each time and I am down from 50 to 20. I am looking forward to my old(7-6-2015)/new quit date 7-6-2017 May 4th, 2017 I started with Marlboro reds. Nicotine is a very assinine addiction. Once addicted I found I would smoke any of it including the little cigar/cigarettes, and it's still true since I threw away my quit and stopped being true to myself. I will smoke ANYTHING with nicotine in it to get the fix. I hate smoking! I am not having a problem stopping it's staying stopped, that I am not doing! I do not buy anything but regular tobacco but if caught without it I will do anything except vape to get the fix. UPDATE POSTED 04/24/2018: Getting ready to set a quit date and begin again :)