cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Sheri with SEVEN Years Today!

YoungAtHeart
5 23 376

SimplySheri  celebrates seven years of smobriety today!

Please join me in congratulating her on this magnificent milestone!

CONGRATULATIONS!

(with much love!)

Nancy

23 Comments
Margaretd

Sherri, congratulations.  You are such a great role model.  You have shown your commitment to helping others quit by checking in at 7 years quit.    This tells all who are just starting, or thinking about quitting,  that it can be done.  Thank you for sharing your milestone.

WOW

JonesCarpeDiem

She made the choice

and, She's the WINNER!

Give that girl

A chicken dinner!

ConGLADulations!

(I hope you like chicken Sheri. If you don't I bet someone there does)  

Chicken Dinner.jpg

MarilynH

Thank you Nancy for posting, CONGRATULATIONS Sheri on your fantastic fabulous beautiful glorious wonderful humongous ginormous magnificent amazing spectacular splendiferous stupendous awesome 7 precious Smokefree years and counting WTG my friend and fellow EXer and most definetly EXtended family YAY for Smokefree living and YAY for each and every Day WON whoo hoo isn't LIFE Grand without a Cigarette in Hand! hip hip hooray whoopee let's CELEBRATE!

indingrl

MY beloved Sherri - WAY TO GO

Mandolinrain

th.jpegBeautiful Flowers for a Beautiful friend who wears her Beautiful quit Beautifully  xoxoxoxox Many Congrats Sheri !

Christine13

Happy quit 7 years today Sheri!!!  Miss your blogs, you've helped so many along the way!!

xo  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

sweetplt

((((Sheri))))) Congratulations on a spectacular 7 Years of Freedom....SimplySheri 

Here are some roses to enjoy ... although I know you are enjoying your Freedom...Have a beautiful day Friend...Love and Hugs Colleen 549 DOF 

pastedImage_1.gif

Giulia

I'll join in this happy celebration.  For those who haven't yet become acquainted with her support, go read her blogs.  They are uplifting, illuminating and luminous.  For those who know her beautiful soul, go read her words again whenever you're feeling gloomy.  You'll be uplifted once again.  This place is the better for her presence here.

Happy 7th, Sheri.  And here's to many, many more.

flowers GIF by Sasha Katz

wlh

Wow SimplySheri‌!!  7 years!!!!  Great milestone and I bet you are very proud!!  Should be!!  I am for you!!

Lynne

JonesCarpeDiem

Am I on LSD or are those flowers moving? 

indingrl

BEAUTIFUL sister Sherri 7 non smoker YEARS - WAY TO GO

elvan

CONGRATULATIONS, Dear Sheri! Great job.

Hugs,

Ellen

Jennifer-Quit

Cousin-Itt

Congratulations Sheri on your outstanding quit

Thomas3.20.2010

Congratulations, Sheri!

sparky26

Hello Sheri, congratulations on 7 years of freedom ! Much love and respect to you .

Love sparky.

Bonnie

Congratulations, Sheri!  You're a very special lady and a beautiful part of my quit.  Thank you!  Bonnie

Sootie

Well---I can't answer for your "drug status" BUT....the flowers ARE moving!

Strudel

Congrats to SimplySheri‌ !! I hope you find some special way to celebrate!

Sootie

CONGRATULATIONS TO SHERI!!!!

Sheri just sent me a lovely note thanking me for my support all these years and, of course, I thanked her right back. I got to thinking about when we started off on here...SimplySheriThomas3.20.2010pir8fanjames41‌ and so many,many others........I guess quitting was a huge burden.....a hurdle we had to tackle....I guess.

But, do you know what Newbies? If you think you will never get to a place where those stupid cigarettes don't matter, I promise you that you will. AND, if you think you will never look back on your quit as anything but a horror, I promise you......you WILL be able to see it differently. I now look back at that time with so many of the people who quit around my same time, and remember the fun we used to have, the games we played, the prayers we offered for troubles and the congrats we gave each other on days not years.......the whole thing really has mellowed in my mind to being so much fun. I am so happy I "came this way" on my journey and met not only those I mentioned but all of you ......those before and those after. What a wonderful time it has been.....wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Stay Strong.

pir8fan

Not mutually exclusive Dale! Could be either or both! Or neither!

SimplySheri

Thank you, Nancy!!  I just love you so much    And to all who were kind enough to comment, thank you, thank you, thank you!!  It means the world to me.  Even after 7 years, quitting is still a thrill for me.  I will always appreciate it and in doing so, appreciate all of you as well.  We are in this together!!  And hopefully one day the last quitter will quit and we can all celebrate the end of nicotine's hold over us.  Until then, I will continue to help those who struggle with quitting.  You aren't alone!!

MarilynH

About the Author
I smoked until a vascular surgeon informed me of the damage I had done to myself by doing so. I quit 11 years ago, and I can swim laps virtually FOREVER now, walk most other days 40 minutes to an hour and a half. What a difference quitting has made in my life! I strive to help others find this wonderful freedom from addiction, too.