cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Seventy Five Days

travelingman.rick
0 3 13

Seventy Five days without a smoke. It feels great. No more patches, no more gum and every day I am feeling stronger and stronger. Sometimes it is really hard but it is getting easier everyday now, especially since I got past the 60 day mark. There are so many things that I love about being a nonsmoker.

I love that when I go to the airport now that I am not having anxiety attacks thinking about how long I am going to have to be without a smoke. I love taking my time after dinner to enjoy the meal without having to go outside for a smoke. I love that I am more productive at work and taking less breaks. I love that both me and my clothes do not smell anymore. I love the freedom that goes along with being a nonsmoker. I haven’t worried about matches, lighters, and cigarettes for some time now.

In just fifteen days I will reach 90 days, a milestone that I once thought would be unobtainable. Everybody always says “If I can quit, anybody can quit.” I never really believed that until now. I am resolved that this time I am serious. I waffled a lot in those first few weeks, but I made it. I developed quit buddies and through it all we were there for each other. Now we see each other of facebook all the time and it makes me smile.

Through this website I made friends that I see everyday in the world of the internet, but it brings me a great deal of comfort to know that if I am afraid I am going to relapse I know I have a place where I can go and get support, I have people that I can reach out to who will talk me down off the ledge. There will always be that risk for me that I will cheat, I am an addict. I accept that for the rest of my life that I will be faced with the challenges that go hand in hand with my addiction to nicotine. What I am thankful for though is that finally I know how great it feels not to be a slave to that addition and I plan to keep it that way.

Keep Strong! Breathe Deep! And Be Free.

3 Comments