cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Seriously???! Now i want one? What the hell

peaky23
0 4 37

It has been 34 days. some good some bad, but i have lived without cigs. And now I am bored? bored i guess of quitting? What the hell is this feeling? I'd gladly give up booze for cigs. candy for cigs. soda for cigs. All i can think now is cig cig cig. A warm day me smoking a cig. Feeling skinny smoking a cig. I am so out of it right now, what the hell is going on

4 Comments
tireduvsmoke

It's just a craving. It will pass.

Do some resarch online about the benefits of quitting.

Whn your mind tells you, "You can smoke just 1 and be OK", tell it back, "OK, you go to the store and buy them and bring them back to me."

But it can't, only you can. The strong cravings are tough no doubt.

I have gotten shakes and sweats before. But they passed, every craving will. You just have to ride it out and never, ever, ever, put a cigarette in your hand.

At 34 days you have saved at least 100 dollars. Go buy yourself somthing with it, and the next time your craving remember what sticking with your resolve got you.

For me, getting past the really bad cravings gave me the best feeling afterwards.

I haven't had one for a long time, but if I do, I know it will pass. So will yours.

jooch

Hi Peaky,

Congratulations on 34 smoke free days that is great.  I have 18.  I've got to say that I'm glad I am plugged into this site.  Just think back to how hard the first two weeks of the quit was, do you really want to give that up.  On Friday, I was with some friends who smoked and I was jealous.  I came home mad and kinda had a hissy fit and kept thinking about how much I wanted to smoke.  The more I thought about it and vocalized it, the more I wanted to smoke.  My hubby brought it to my attention.  I grabbed my cinnamon stick, pretended to smoke it, taking deep breathes and let the craving dissapear with the exhale.  I had to do this alot on Friday night.  I keep my cinnamon sticks with me at all times.  This is what is helping my quit:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/527096-what-are-the-benefits-of-chewing-on-cinnamon-sticks/

Peace & Hugs to you in your Quit.  Judy

I_am_free

Hang in there and stay with us here.  Get your mind out of the darkness and into sunshine.  It's a beautiful day.  Deep breathe the fresh air around you.

stonecipher

I loved my cinnamon sticks, too! 

Peaky, I think you're doing fine.  You are just venting, and that is what this place is for.  I know what you mean--how come we have these feelings so long after quitting?  That's just the way it is, and it does get better, I promise.

Ride it out, and you will not be sorry.