cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Sense of Smell returning

vsmith85
0 6 16

This part I hate. My dogs STINK! I gave them both a bath but they still smell bad to me. 😞 Please tell me this dulls down after awhile or I get used to it. I love my boys but I can't hold them because it makes me sick.

6 Comments
cookie804

I never had that problem at all and I have a chihuahua. I do smell things that I use to not to be to.  Everyone is different but I think you will probably get used to it. Meanwhile why don't you put a little vick's under your nose. Anything that will block your sense of smell for awhile.

Congrats on your quitting.

God bless

Carolyn and Cookie

linda258

Oh my... just imagine how they felt all these years that they could smell you.... and your smoke. 

YoungAtHeart

I think you will get used to their odors.....you will become desensitized - just ike you didn't smell your own hair and clothes when you smoked. 

The Vicks is a good idea for now!

Nancy

annb
Oh wow! We are all having doggie odor problems! Lol. Yeah imagine how they feel about us, with their super super sniffers! They are so glad we don't smell like smoke anymore. I think the Vicks is a great idea!!!
constanceclum

I can't help but think of , all the animals I've had over the years, how bad my smoking smelled to them.

vsmith85

well I don't feel too bad for the dogs, I mean, they do sniff each others behinds! lolololol