cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Seeing Red !!!!!!

OldBones-Larry
0 22 418

I was just sitting here reading blogs to catch up when some IDIOT saw what site I was on. They noticed that I breath heavily due to the COPD. After asking about my difficulties and hearing my story, he had only one comment that he just had to make!!!!

Would you believe this JACKASS told me that since my lungs are obviously shot, that I should just smoke like hell and just enjoy the little time I have left????

If I had been close to my home (and tomahawk) this person would now be headed to his ancestors without his scalp!!!!!

I am not a violent person usually, but after everything that has happened over the last 14 months, I don't think I have to put up with someone practicing "quack medicine".

To say I am a little mad is like saying Noah went through a little sprinkle.

I AM MAJORLY PISSED RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!

I am glad I was here so I could vent the anger instead of killing that IDIOT though. Thank you all for the help and support since I joined the family.

Great Spirit be with you all.

Larry

Tags (1)
22 Comments
Giulia

Great Spirit be with you all.  And with YOU.

FOR THE

swilson2

People I SWEAR !!!!!

LouiseR

Some people are just plain STUPID!!  You are rockin this quit Larry. 

annb
For the love of God.... What a complete a$$ hat!!! "People are crazy". That's so awful it would be comical if it weren't so bad. Dear Caravan Leader I am sending you a big ((((Hug))))!!!
Ms.J_11-10-2013

You should have said "And what was your last thought before they sucked out your brains?

Don't waste your energy over such an idiot, its not worth it my friend!

xoxo

Jackie

Mike.n.Atlanta

People are stupid Larry. Some will utter anything that pops into their tiny little brains.

Keep on keepin on my friend.

M n @

Jennifer-Quit

Yep - there is one in every crowd - not worth getting upset over it - people can be just
STUPID!

JonesCarpeDiem

sucked out your brains?

YoungAtHeart

I am sorry you had to be subjected to that fool, Larry.  It might help you to think how nice it is that you are not that utterly devoid of a thinking brain?  OK - maybe not!

Take care.  The best thing is that you aren't smoking over it!!!

Nancy

P.S.I LOVE the "sucked out your brains" comment.  Just LOVE it!

promise_judy

He was just an unworthy man whoe's ego told him say something and unfortunately it was a thoughtless statement made to inflict pain on someone who he felt was less superior than himself.

However I am pleased you wrote to us because we understand what you have went through.

Congrats Larry on going through the "Stupid People Test" (some who have went for a smoke)--Keep on adding those smoke free days.

XOXO 

cookie804

Larry some people are so stupid. Don't waste your time on them.

ninepatch

I'm guessing this person must have been a smoker if he thinks continueing to smoke is enjoyable.  Anybody that has quit smoking knows there is no joy to smoking.  You keep fighting the good fight!  Onward we all go on our journey.  NOPE!

froguelady

That is the most stupid remark ever.  He wins the dumbness award.

Keep rocking your quit.

Barbara145

Oh great caravan master, so sorry you are pissed.  I was just reading in an old nursing text book of mine about the lungs.  God gave us 3 times as much lung tissue as is needed for life.  What a loving God and hope for us COPDers. (Nursing name for people with COPD.)  Hope you get better and better.   Barbara

Deena-A-Yenni

Dern.

Joan_01-02-2015

Here is a sticker for his car!!!!!!!!

candylance

Larry, so glad that MEAN words don't make us sick but they can make us smoke. Let's Toughen up together. You're ob viously toughenough, so TEACH ME!! 
Sorry for the jerk's comment. I had a splendid day;; I should have. I've been hospital or house bound for months. Love ya!!

Candy

Sootie

What this person obviously does not know is that good lungs or bad.................................

Tomorrow is promised to no one. 

The only thing we have is today....now. And "now" is so much better when you are not smoking.

Stay Strong. Enjoy NOW.

ret

What a inconsiderate statement from a complete jerk.  Keep your quit and I'm sure you will.

freeneasy

We all know that quitting is the best thing to do...Good job keeping your cool and with your quit..You would have had a real mess on your hands had you scalped him  (-;

moody_9-18-13

Idiots are a dime a dozen these days....especially since we got smarter and quit smoking! Take care of yourself and keep moving forward. 

newlife5

he must have been addicted... cause the demon lies to you... luckily we know that already

About the Author
I am a male that underwent coronary artery bypass X3 (triple) on 10/22/13 at the age of 55. I was living on about 20-30% of one coronary artery and my left heart output was only 20% to 25%. I spent a week in the hospital after surgery and went home. Then had to go back a day later for another week because I had pneumonia. Finally a few days because of a slight arythmia. All told it has been about 2 1/2 weeks. I am past the cravings by now and only have the urges to contend with. I really don't suggest that anyone quits smoking using this technique though. I'll have to carry the scars from that day for the rest of my life. The large one down the center of my chest, and the ones from several "silent" infarctions. I came that close to the next world. Never again will I subject my body to that (at one point in my life I was smoking 5 packs of cigarillos a day). I now have to say N.O.P.E. (Not One Puff Ever) every day of my life. TheOldGoat-Joan, I miss you terribly my friend. Elder Lists Guilia's: (/blogs/Giulia-blog/2017/06/18/elders-list-ao-december-7-2016 ) or Smorgy's (Chronological Elder List)