cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Second blog , first day! I'm addicted!

stephsafighter71
0 9 23

This is my second blog today, but I just had to come back and let anyone reading,know that this site has been a really good experience for me. My quit date isn't until Febuary 2nd, but I have been "practicing" quitting all day. Sounds weird but, I have been reading these blogs and working on my trigger points and it's kept me busy. Therefore I haven't been reaching for that smoke that I usually want. I even made a batch of hot cinnamon hard tack candy to reach for as a replacement. I also found that brushing my teeth when I feel an urge works great. Anyway, I just want to thank everyone that replies to these blogs. Having this support is exactly what I needed the last time I tried to quit!

9 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

Perfect.

see you know you can do this now. It's really just a matter of changing your thinking from I can't to I can.

crazybabi3-2

Your doing great and haven't even qquit yet now that you know you can this quit will be your last with your experience from past attempts and the Ex, and your hard work and a good attitude. That candy sounds yummy.

moody_9-18-13

You keep on practicing and before you know it you will be ready to quit.

Heck, I've seen people post 3 or 4 blogs in a day! Dale does it all the time! 🙂

He's dedicated his time and energy to helping others quit. And, I can't think of a more noble cause to champion. I believe this site is helping save so many lives. 

Dakota_Posse

You're a fighter Steph.....which means you are going to be a great Quitter!!!!  You've set your date....read, educate yourself about your addiction and know that on Feb 2nd you will be doing something for yourself that you will ALWAYS thank yourself for doing!

Believe in yourself....believe in what you're doing!  WE will be here to help you.  Blog, blog, blog......get through those first few weeks by staying on this site!  You are going to make such a change in your life that it will make you SO very proud of yourself!

Congratulations!

Cindy/The Dakota Posse

savedbygrace2

Well done!!! You will survive this because you got a great fighting attitude. You have each one of us. We are a team and we will always be here for you. You CAN DO THIS!!!

GreenThumb3

This is very doable and with your attitude you will be fine keep blogging stay close it helps 

candylance

YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Your name says it all Steph's a fighter!! So fight this battle and make the DECISION to stop smoking!! Then make the CHOICE not to pick one up!! It's all in your brain and MINDSET!!

Candy    d132

smorgy8513

Hi Steph!   Glad to see you are reading/blogging/listening!    You sound motivated to do this and that plus education is what it takes.

How do you make hot cinnamon hard tack candy?     I love atomic fire balls and they saved many a day when I first quit.      Think I might like your candy then!

Keep coming here.   And like Moody said, blog as much as you want to!     I've always said I blog for me......and I have done it every day (except 2) since I came here in July, 2013.

Welcome!

Sharon 168 days of Freedom!

beamer20

You can do this and it sounds like you are on the right track.  I would say that reaching out to us and reading blogs will help prepare you.