cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

School's out for Summer!!

TriGirl
5 14 89

Ahhhh!!! Summer break! There is nothing better about being a teacher! (Well-- maybe if we got paid for it!) We had an early dismissal, so I finished up and grabbed the kids. We were home before 2! I decided to take Tucker for a 3 mile run, then had a shake and took a nap!! I made meatloaf (requested by children), worked on a new playlist for class, practiced my Sun Salutations and was shocked to find it was 9 already. 

Everything was fine all day long but suddenly, I went from Zen to total panic! Does everyone else get the total tightening of the chest? Heart rate jumps. Mind races. Is this what I'm supposed to identify as a craving? Because it's way more than just a thought. It's a full body experience and I swear though the moments it happens are fewer, my body is getting way louder about it. I grabbed my phone, and started playing games on the couch just to try to silence everything. Tucker jumped on the couch by me and I think it was actually his presence that calmed me down. I forgot about the deep breaths. 

Anyway, I didn't run out the door so I guess I won. Thank Goodness I got rid of everything. I can see how easy it would be to slip. If there had been some here, Zuul would have won tonight. And that would have been very sad considering what a great day most of today was.

14 Comments
About the Author
I am a mom, a teacher AND a fitness instructor. It blows my mind that I used to smoke. It made me feel like a total and complete phony. I run and bike frequently. I am working on my swim. My speed and endurance are improving, but more importantly, I now feel truly connected to the world I'm part of and no longer pushing away.