cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Scared

quicks1824
0 14 17

So I have reaffirmed my quit again. I have a great reason. I am prego! I am about 5 weeks along. So I had been sneaking cigs and not really caring about staying quit for awhile, well this should help. I prayed to God last night if I EVER pick up another cig to make me sick, sick, sick. I am jealous of those women that puke when they smoked during the 1st trimester. I want that!

So here is what has me scared, my last pregnancy I lost after 6 weeks. I keep thinking everytime I feel a little cramp or twinge I am going to miscarry. In the past I have dealt with my stress with guess what, CIGS! How do I handle the stress now?

14 Comments
Bonnie11.3.2009

How about learning some lullabies?  How about crocheting a baby blanket?  How about reading about breast feeding your baby?  How about learning to sew some baby clothes? How about learning how to take pics of a newborn?

patrick-marsh

CONGRATS ON THE BABY!!!!!!!!!!! NOW GET YOUR QUIT ON!!!!!!!! AND JUST TRY EVERYTHING FOR THE STRESS!! STAY STRONG KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!

charliej

Gezz.....if I got pregnant, I would've quit smoking years ago. 

JonesCarpeDiem

how about just keeping them away from your face?

quitter39

Just think of that baby, how cute, looking at you for support!!  And I was one of those that puked if I smoked when pregnant!!  But that didn't stop me from starting again after having the babies...had 3.  (not at one time!!!)

jhb1232

I am not a woman. Therefore, I couldn't become pregnant but I have thrown up from smoking and let me tell you that didn't stop me from smoking.  If knowing you have something growing inside you won't stop you I don't know what will.  Anyways, I hope for the both of your sakes that you will keep the quit (forever).

JonesCarpeDiem

i just looked at all your blogs from the 10th of february since you started here.

it seems you never moved forward with your quit.

it's like youve stayed at the same point the whole time.

obviously all the "encouragement" you received didn't help you quit at all.

so are you coddlers reading this?

go back and read her blogs and see how everyone "helped" her.

MissiAnn

I feel for you. I've had 4 miscarriages before I had my son. I got to the point with every cramp or twinge I would go to the doctors and make them give me an ultrasound. I also had trouble with stopping smoking. I would cut down but thats it. I had it in my mind that I couldn't stop. It didn't help with doctor saying that it was ok because I was only smoking 1-3 a day. They didn't want me stressed out. But looking back now I see that it was all lies. You can deal with stress differently.

Keep reading blogs and learn all you can. You can do this. 

jhb1232

You deal with the stress the same way you deal with smoking: you don't let it get to you.  Smoking just keeps on adding stress.  Just think how guilty you'd feel if you smoked.  That is more stress!!!  People will always get stressed from time to time but smoking has never cured one stressful situation.  It's like going on a vacation to get away from your problems.  They will still be there when you get back.  You just have to deal with them the best you can and don't for one second think that smoking will solve it. 

JonesCarpeDiem

the riddle has been solved!

jhb1232

What I like to do when I get a little stressed, which is not as often now that the nicotine is almost out of my system (3 days), is get on here and read posts.  I also like to read Allen Carr's book The Easy Way to Stop Smoking.  I read it little by little.  Not like a regular book because I want to prolong it.  I want a little inspiration each day to keep going.  He keeps things simple and really let's you know that you aren't giving up anything. 

JonesCarpeDiem

I think you almost have to go third person outside yourself to see what you are doing reaching for a smoke.

it's so built in, most of us never thought about it.

Just the rush, just the rush

keeptrying2

I had a horrible time quitting when I was pregnant.  I spent the entire time stressing and sleeping.  Sleeping mostly.  I was miserable because I had no intention of quitting for good, just for the time being.  If you quit with that in mind, you are counting the minutes on the clock until you can smoke again and hating life.  You need to put a plan together to quit for good and enjoy the calm before the storm.  After the baby comes, you want to have a good foundation set so you do not relapse.  Sleepless nights and crying kids do not help with tryng not to smoke.  Think positive and long term!  You can do this and start a new smoke free life for you and your baby. 

TV-Lasttime24-7

Everytime I was pregnant it was my way out of smoking.  For me it was like second nature to just give up and not think twice about it.  Hope you have the same feelings and hope you have a healty and safe pregnancy for you and the baby.  God bless you and the baby.